1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My { Philosophical }Thoughts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by depressed, Jun 25, 2009.

1. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

How many of us have lived a life to tell our own story ?

Have we lived our lives well enough that someday we can tell our story to our children or even our grandchildren? Is our life story worthy of telling others ? Are our life stories interesting and full of adventure that our grandchildren [or any other listener] would not feel bored at all when they listen to those stories and tell us out of curiosity and not out of reverence-“Grandma, go on …”
    Well, I want to live such a life.
    I want to live a life where I can feel everything. Please give close attention to the word “feel”. I want to feel the air, every passing hour and smell the leaves and flowers…that is how I want my life to be- without someone interrupting me and saying-“Well, you have time to enjoy these small pleasures, you can do so… do not drag us along, Miss.”

I want my life to be such that all my senses are active and breathing and alive.
    I do not want to be known as someone’s daughter, wife, sister, daughter-in-law, mother or grand mother, no matter how famous that “someone” is.

It does not matter if anyone loves me although it always feels good to be loved, always.

Take care,
    HAPPY

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hey happy, You are getting too philosophical this time... Isn't it all in your hands..Take your time, give it to yourself and never ever hesitate or think twice to experience these simple pleasures of life.. Life is once..Live it to the fullest..

Be Happy !!

3. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot Deepali for your visit.

Thoughts are just thoughts...here today, gone tomorrow !!!

NOW HAPPY

4. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Happy,

Very nice to read this post. If we know the tactics to enjoy and extract happiness from every moment, life would indeed be complete and meangingful. :)

Cheers!!!
    SK

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear SUBHSK,

Thanks for taking time out to read this blog.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

Take care,

NOW HAPPY

6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Thats true about enjoying life to the fullest.Sometimes we forget the present and worry about the future thatswhat stops us enjoying i feel .great writing
    vijji

7. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vijjii,

Thanks for liking my writing. I also love your thoughtful writings in your blog.

Please see my comment in your latest blog where I quoted Khalil Gibran, the Poet.

Thanks,
    NOW HAPPY

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Happy

really nice thoughts dear!!! I do long for such time alone for myself..but when i get the time i worry again thinking did i spend too much of time for myself...how my husband is managing..how is the kid etc..etc..

9. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear SriVidya,

Loved your comment.

We all need time for our own self -otherwise, we will go mad ! I feel that if we love ourselves, we will feel content with our life and it will improve our relationship with our husband+children.

Thanks a lot again,

"NOW HAPPY"

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one, happy.
    Live each and every moment of our life , wisely. which by itself would be a learning material for the observors.
    You know...if we talk about the past, nowadays, children are not present there..complaining...Mom..you started it once again...haha..

sriniketan