My Pet

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by srajitha, Jan 20, 2011.

1. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

It was on Sep 5th that I suddenly felt that my Pappy(Female GS) needs company , after discussing with my family members I have decided to get a male GS puppy.

Called up on the contact from classified , Me & my fiance went to select the pup , awww... I couldnt control myself and started playing with all the puppies and I was unable to decide as to which one we should take. Suddenly my fiance saw this puppy who was trying to bite his shoes as if asking us to select him ,he said lets take this one. I couldnt stop myself from playing with him all the way back to home.We named him Pappu , at first we were scared if our Pappy , thinking if she is going to accept him or not , but to our surprise Pappy love Pappu , they started playing , there was absolutely no limit for the end less fights , plays that they did.

One day Pappu became very ill , we took him to hospital and they said there is a flu which had attacked GS breed, I first we thought its silly for the doc to say just GS breed, I was my fault I didnt took him to hospital that regularly , as we expected he started to become thin and hardly use to eat anything.Realizing my mistake I took him to hospital regularly , poor fellow they use to give him 4 injections a day. After about 1 week my Pappu was back in actions . Wow.. I still remember and love that feeling.

after about a year my Pappy became mother of 7 lovely puppies. It was Pappu who took extreme care of his pups ,Pappy was hardly interested of her pups. She use to milk them and leave off for trips , this fellow he use to sit besides the pups ,keep them clean and warm. All of us were shocked to see this behavior from him( he is a dominate male). We gave one of the pup to my fiance.

Pappu was a no1 spoil kid , he use to chew of my cell phones ,remote controls, shoes, my dresses etc .. We had hard time stopping him do that.

He was my special pet.Well.. years past by and our bond also grow strong , both of them Pappy and Pappu use to follow me were ever I go , believe me even if was in Loo they use to sit out side the door and wait for me to come out . I got married to my childhood sweetheart, luckily our houses were some what near by. I had to leave Pappy & Pappu at my mothers place.Well for just about 1 week I couldnt get the time to go and visit my mother house.
    That week my mother called up , he was sounding scared , I calmed her down and asked her what happened. With a shivering voice she said Pappu is missing , but Pappy is still at home. I couldn't believe this , me and my hubby started to search for him ,asked people streets if they found any big Male GS , nothing helped.The searched continued till 11 in the night. We thought we lost him forever, with a heavy heart I reached my house(in-laws) and found Pappu there , I was shocked , for a moment I thought it must be my imagination. He was sitting near the gate. my in-law told me that he was sitting there from morning and was not moving from there.As soon as he saw he jumped on me , licked my face and came inside. Well till this day I just don't believe that he came to my in-law house and was waiting for me.

He is really an inspiration for me , he give me courage. I just love this fellow.I am happy that I have his grandson with me now And now I make it a point that I visit him on a regular basis.This is also a must because he lost his life partner recently , yes my Pappy is no-more , she just died in her sleep in front of him :(. Initially we were all worried about him , but he proved us wrong , he was sad for 1 week then continued with his life. If he wants to see me , he doesn't eat that day ,seeing him fasting my mom calls me for his rescue :p believe me guys as soon as he sees me he starts eating his food.

Attached Files:

2. varshatha

varshatha New IL'ite

Hi,

WOW pappu is very sweet. Sad that you losy pappy. Its lucky that you got such a lovely pair of pets and its very kind of you to treat them like your kids. I feel that people who have got pets are really blessed with extra love and happiness in their lives :)

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sraijitha,
    You had shared many moments with your Pappu and Pappy...
    But sad to hear that Pappy is no more..
    Very much surprised to see that Pappu took care of his kids..and glad to know that he came all the way to your in-laws place to meet you..
    Our pets inspire us a lot in many ways! very very true..

sriniketan

4. hobbes83

hobbes83 Bronze IL'ite

Wow cute picture srajitha. Pets are truly an inspiration. It was very interesting to read about pappu. You had mentioned about a different pet called prem in another thread, is that another pet of yours?

5. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

lovely pets, brought tears in my eyes.
    i too miss my pets which r no more now.
    god bless your pappu and his kids.

6. geethakrishna

geethakrishna Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Nice to know about your pappu and pappy. Ya pets are very affectionate and loyal ones................. We get lot of inspiration ...............

They love us with out any expectation...............................:)

7. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

pappu and pappy look great together........wish u posted the pics of the 7 lovely puppies too........would be great pleasure to see them :thumbsup

8. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

thank you all for those wonderful messages.
    Its true that pets show unconditional love and shower happiness on us.

Hey Sweety I wish I had Pappy & Pappu's puppies pics , I have there grand children pic.

Attached Files:

Thyagarajan likes this.