1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My parents, my first teachers.......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by momandme, Sep 5, 2013.

1. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Whenever I do something wrong, my conscience pricks me! And you know how my conscience gets a sense of right and wrong? It's from what I learnt from my parents.

All through my life, my parents have been consistently teaching.... and as they advance in age, they continue to teach me things they have learnt from their experiences. Even today when I am doubtful or unsure of any situation, I talk it out with my parents. Without forcing me to follow their path, they guide me to think about what is right.

From the time I can remember, my parents have encouraged me to think and solve my problems independently. Education may give you the fancy degrees, but who you are as a person is defined by the kind of upbringing you have had. My father taught the importance of sharing and giving, putting myself in the shoes of the ones who are in worse situations than I am. My mother taught me to stand up for my rights and be totally independent.

The basic values of my life were given by my parents..... and my teachers in my educational institutions have added on to them. Without my parents though, I am sure I would not be in the place that I am right now.........which is happy and satisfied!

3 people like this.

2. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Dear momandme
    As children, we don't often realize the value being imparted by our parents and teachers. Often we make fun of teachers and ridicule them. We fight against our parents and then finally when we grow up we realize our follies! Great post.

3. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Thank you! But, to be fair, I was always a good child......both with teachers and parents :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So wonderfully said momandme. Our parents are our very first teachers who starting from teaching to take our first steps in life hold our hands and lead us throughout life. Formal education for whatever qualifications are required to get on in life and to make a living are taught to us in schools. Some of us are fortunate enough to find in our teachers true "gurus" who teach us good value systems in addition to all the stuff that text books are made up of. Together they make sure we get through this "bhavasaagara".

1 person likes this.