1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Next Set of Books Released. I Seek Your Wishes And Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 5, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Kodi!

Dear Kodi,
    Thanks a ton for your congratulatory post. For me the preface to a book is like a trailer to a film. Unless the trailer is interesting nobody will be interested in seeing the film.
    I want to give something to IL. But honestly talking about "a colony in which 1000 women (at that time) live and lovingly interact with each other" is a very interesting theme which my publisher also liked very much. My preface to other books were lightly touched up here and there. But the IL preface was left untouched.
    In an earlier reply to Vijee I have given Sarvodaya Ilakkia Pannai's phone number. Ask your brother to call up the shop before he visits them.
    Looking forward to your feedback.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Congratulations!

VARALOTTI,Very happy to note that you are gaining great speed as a writer of excellent books! Book-writing is a laborious process, and one feels completely drained afterwards. Encounter with the publishers, reactions of readers, justifications ,is another story. I wish you all the best,more so since you really have a wondeful gift!(I cannot help envying). May more creations flow through your facile pen!New year 2007 has begun well,what with the mass adulation, plus that elusive angel-LUCK!

Nuggehalli PANKAJA

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Varalotti

Hello Sridhar,

Congratulations on the release of your new books.
    Praying God that this venture of yours in the dawn of a New Year turns out to be a huge success. I am sure Meena Madam ( Madurai Meenakshi) is there with you to guide you in all your endeavours.
    Today I called up the Publications to place an order for the book. He too informed me about the book fair. So planning to go the book fair and get your books. I would definitely come back to this thread to post my views on the book after i finsh reading them.
    Untill then see you.

4. varalotti

Your post, I deem it a blessing, Pankaja!

Dear Pankaja,
    Thanks a ton for your blessing post. You rightly said that book-writing is a laborious process. But in the case of these two books it was not. Especially the translation process was purely a loving labour of love.
    Instead of the publisher paying me Royalties if he had reversed the tables and asked money from me for writing the book, I still would have written it. That is because the original work is so good. And I wrote with tears in my eyes most of the time.
    Thanks for your kind wishes, Pankaja.
    A versatile, well-known, much-awarded and well-recognised author like you praising me, is my honour and is an evidence of His blessings.
    Thanks, once again.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks, Laxmi!

Hello Laxmi,
    Thanks a ton for your congratulatory message. The idea of getting the books in the fair is that you will get a discount (min. 10%). And you will have a chance to see a host of other books. But don't choose a sunday, Laxmi. The fair will be unimaginably crowded. Choose early evening of a working day. Find out the stall number of Kavitha Publications and buy the book from them. If you are interested, you can also ask for my earlier books. Vetriyin Vidhaikal, which came before this contains 65 incidents (taken from my life, the Net and from what I read (one or two from IL forwards)) which is sure to give us 65 lessons. Recently Dinamlar bought 100 copies of this book to be given to their reporters and agents as a measure of motivation.
    Just for your information, Laxmi. I would want to see the books, read the blurb and then make an informed decision.
    I am looking forward to reading your reviews. Other's reviews are ok. But when my moderator herserlf reviews my works, will it not be a special honour for me?
    Thanks once again, my moderator!
    regards,
    sridhar

6. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Congrats

Dear Varalotti sir

My hearty congratulations on the release of your two books. May you write more and more in the years to come. As both the books is in tamil I cannot read it that easily. But still I read the dinamalar review. What they mentioned is very true. It is always nice to know that someone is trying to awaken the good in people. So I will surely recommend these books to my friends who knows to read tamil.

Hope you also come out with a book of short stories in English very soon. My very best wishes for all your future works.

Regards,
    vidhi

7. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

I am very late to congratulate you, Sridhar.

My hearty congratulations on your achievement..It is really a splendid attainment , we all are proud of you Sridhar..!

I cannot read it, any way am Happy to know that you are realizing your ambitions..

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Got your books

Hello Sridhar
    Do not put me in a high pedestal. I am reading your books not as a Moderator but as a fan of your writing. It is a great pleasure to read Tamil books and especially yours.
    Today I got your books in the book fair. I liked the cover design and packaging of "Kalam kannda...."
    Will get back to you as soon as I finsh reading those books.

9. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Vidhi!

Dear Vidhi,

Thanks for the nice words. I am ready with a set of short stories. But I am yet to find a good publisher for the same. I think the time for my English publication has not yet come.

Thanks once again for your good wishes.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks, Safa!

Dear Safa,
    Thanks for your congratulatory post. No problem in being late.
    One day I hope that I will find a publisher for my English works so that people like you can read.
    Thanks once again,
    sridhar