1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My next project : Raised plant beds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Aura99, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Aura99

Aura99 New IL'ite

I have always dreamt about growing my own vegetables. I am a vegetarian and quite enjoy all kinds of vegetables including bitter gourd, pumpkin, bottle gourd, ridge Gourd etc which many people complain about. I enjoy the natural taste and don't like to cook it too much. It should retain its freshness and crunchiness even after being cooked. In many Indian households curry is cooked on flame for way too long and loaded with masalas. Its difficult to tell the taste of the vegetable. I like my veggies to be cooked quite mildly and it should retain its colour as well. Super market veggies are loaded with pesticides and come at a high price and start to wilt away as soon as you bring them home.
    Now look at this.
    [​IMG]
    Empty land waiting for something to come up

I have the land, soil and water. I need to make arrangements for proper shade keeping in mind the Hyderabad weather. Actually its just the summer months I need to fret about. So 3-4 months of unbearable heat, the rest of the 8 months should be a lot easy. So there will be lots of trying and testing, failures and disappointments. I am quite inspired by people who have just a balcony or a small terrace but still manage to grow their own veggies so beautifully. Kudos to them for their hard work, determination and perseverance. Hope I too have some of that grit. Will keep you posted on the progress. Wish me luck on my new project.

[​IMG]
    I think I have gold lying idle

Love
    Sunita

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Your idea to grow veg is neat
    You can avoid the market rot
    Let the veg fight the heat
    And grow nice like your golden heart

Viswa

3. nihasvin