my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of them

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by powerpuffgal, Jan 5, 2015.

1. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

Dear Ms. Power,

I just saw how adorable your chicks look. I am so happy that they are healthy and are growing well. Though I too have the temptation to buy some of these, I think of the toxic paints that are used to colour them. I feel it is better we do not buy them and discourage children from buying them so that this practise of colouring them goes away.

It is always better to have a hen and breed them.

I am sorry if I have said anything to hurt you. But I am sure many will agree

4 people like this.
  2. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Re: my new pets <3...yet to see them.. with picture..suggest me how to take care of t

Hi
    Your chickens are so cute
    I think you are very happy :)
    Even I am mad about pets
    You should protect them to prevent any eagles or cats attacking them
    You should have a garden or a litter box for them
    You can give them rice and grains
    You should provide them a safe shelter
    When you go to office who will look after your chickens?
    You should always count your 15 chickens :-D to make sure that none is missing
    Someone should always moniter them,because they are so small
    It is very difficult to find them if they hide somewhere :)
    If you have any doubts about pets you can ask me

3 people like this.
  3. powerpuffgal

powerpuffgal Bronze IL'ite

Such a nice thought.. friendssmiley.. these are so tiny and i know the colored ones have a very little chance of survival so i was so worried.. my parents came for pongal holidays and i got cought.. they are all against it.. pity my DH :biglaugh

4. powerpuffgal

Your chickens are so cute - yeah dear they are awesome...
    I think you are very happy - Verrry happy.. sometimes annoyedwaitingsmiley they are growing fast and very naughty.. some times they bring a huge laughter love them..
    Even I am mad about pets - Thanks for being a company.. even today i confessed my sorry to DH.. as i was mad about them he bought them in huge number.. he is more attached to them and worried about them during our absence (like he is even getting nightmare of MORE NUMBER OF CROWS SITTING ON THE BALCONY WALL laugh1smiley)
    You should protect them to prevent any eagles or cats attacking them - they are verry safe here..apart from attacking each other ..
    You should have a garden or a litter box for them - i completely gave my lovely balcony to them.. placing some card boards.. at-least trice a day they will walk around home.. chasing on tiny insects...
    You can give them rice and grains - yeah i grind rice, ragi, very few almonds and millets together and feed them
    You should provide them a safe shelter - As i said they are so safe..
    When you go to office who will look after your chickens? - my dh is in search of job so he will be home during my absence.. also they are so manageable. we even leave them whole day as they are 15.. they dont depend on us to play.. they will always be busy :partyand safe
    You should always count your 15 chickens to make sure that none is missing - yeah that is one of the tough job.. it will be really confusing during the count thing Witsend
    Someone should always moniter them,because they are so small - yeah we will have to watch them almost all time
    It is very difficult to find them if they hide somewhere - yeah very much :p
    If you have any doubts about pets you can ask me - thanks a lot dear... happy to find someone like me :Bow:

1 person likes this.
  5. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

They are all soo cute.Protect them from cats and eagles.

6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Omg op they r so cute! They look like little pygmy puffs!

7. powerpuffgal

:thankyou2: darling...

1 person likes this.
  8. powerpuffgal

Yeah they are so well and safe from all of these... :)

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op...Little chicks grow and become hen and cocks.Do you have a long term plan because they will be difficult pets in the balcony.If you had a garden...it would be manageable.

On a short term basis (till they are really small)...you could lay hay for them and give them small grain and water. If possible ...they need to go out and peck stuff from the ground as the mud grains/grit helps in digestion. If that is not possible....then you may need to put some of it inside.

You could put a netting around the balcony to prevent them falling prey to crows , eagles,cats and other predators.

In the night you could cover them with a large basket with good ventilation as it will be easier to keep them under control.

As they grow bigger...you may have to find alternate homes for them as it may not be feasible to keep more than two at home if you live in a flat.

Although they are flightless(once they are bigger)...they can fly very short distance...often high enough to fly on top of doors...and fan...so you may have to be careful about that.They can also fly out of the balcony...only to land in trouble.

Little chicks have a high mortality rate...they often fall prey to predators....so be emotionally ready to face such unfortunate incidents if they happen.

Good luck Op...enjoy them till they become a handful.......:)

1 person likes this.
  10. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Dear op.. Ur pets looks lovely.. :)