1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

My name Is Khan : Shahrukh's detention in US a Publicity stunt?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by shravanicool, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shravanicool

shravanicool Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Shahrukh's new movie "My name is Khan " is on the verge of release . At this time the superstar gets detained at the an American airport b'coz of his surname. Surprises me a little . Want to know your opinions whether it is a publicity stunt for the film or something else.

Let me know,

Shravanicool:thumbsup

Similar Threads
    1. VLR
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. athandri
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. monicrazy
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

SRK is coming to the USA many many times for lots of years. This is going to show on his passport. No problem up to now. Anyone can trigger problems for themselves in security by making comments if they want problems. I don't know what really happened but my guess its a publicity stunt. Things are pretty cool now and routine in security at airports. I do think it is not a good thing to perpetrate the any sort of divisive situation and especially making out USA to be other than it is. My Muslim friends here lead very normal uneventful lives with lots of American friends.

4. thyrogal

thyrogal New IL'ite

my opinion its not a big issue, the authorities are doing their own from stars to normal people.some say itz merely a publicitity for his movie:my name is khan"

5. shahanakhan

shahanakhan New IL'ite

If it was any other actor in the world, then I would have taken it as a publicity stunt. But I don't think people like Shahrukh, Amitabh and Sachin Tendulkar need any more publicity then they already get. As far as his movie is concerned, then don't you think it would have made much sense if it was done near its release. Because right now, My name is khan is at least 5 months away.

6. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

But what good does a detention at US airport publicity create? I think they have better marketing techniques for the film. Don't they? I don't think people will really go and watch his movie just because he was in the news recently. People who like to watch this movie are going to be his audience.. nothing else matters.
    May be this news was blown out of proportion because it was shahrukh. but i don't feel it being used for publicity

7. sweetgirl4flirt

sweetgirl4flirt New IL'ite

:notthatway: you are wrong... the movie is not on the verge of release. In fact its shooting has just completed few days ago. It was not a publicity stunt and I totally agree Shahana. Shahrukh doesn't need to do all this to create publicity. The man comes in his balcony and 100 people gather on the road in 2 minutes.

One day, you will say that Sachin Tendulkar is going publicity stunt by hitting centuries...

Think before you speak :rant:rant

8. sangeetamahajan

sangeetamahajan New IL'ite

I agree with you.... It was not a publicity stunt because Shahrukh doesn't seem like a guy who would do such a thing. I think he just shared what happened to him with the media and they blew it out of proportion.