1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My mother in law's tumblers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 31, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I have three tumblers which were used by my mother in law and we have coffee in that tumber only. These three tumblers dont have proper base and dont stand proplery. If you give one dhakka by mistake it will fall down. Sometimes if milk or coffee is there and by mistake you touch it , it will fall down.

Usually I give coffee to the guests in a different tumbler only because these tumblers dont shine much. Even if I give I will keep it in a davara and give and while giving tell them to hold the tumbler properly.

To my maid I give in that tumbler only, once when I was giving her , the coffee was hot and I told her hold the tumber properly otherwise it will fall down. She did not hear me I think and she dropped some hot coffee on her thigh. I told her I told you to be careful. If you want you change the pettitcoat and saree I told her, she said no it is ok.

Today again that tumbler was going on falling so I remembered and wrote as a blog here. Now I am short of only one blog to reach the 200.

So stay tuned for the 200th blog.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

With your MIL's tumblers you have made one more blog story for us to enjoy !! well done ma !!

3. iyerviji

Thank you Sudha dear for giving fb .

love
    viji

4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    I can relate to your post, because my mother still has some tumblers like the ones you have mentioned. They are atleast 40 years old. A small nudge and they fall down. I remember.. many times while having food, by mistake these tumblers fall down and the water spills and I used to get scoldings!

Raji

5. iyerviji

Dear Raji

I gotyour email ID. I will send you mail . Please go through that. We can keepin touch through mail and if possible can meet.

love
    viji

6. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji,

The tumbler like this I suppose will be there in almost every south indian household. That is what I thought when I read this and all the replies. I also have some of these tumblers. But they are too large and heavy for use, and when we offer coffee in these people just exclaim at the quantity.

So I have smaller lighter tumblers to use now and have put these old ones in the loft.

Anyway good you thought to write about the tumblers

regards,
    Uma

7. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Viji mami,

You are so creative. You are alert too. That is why you can write a blog on every incident you come across.

Ramavyasarajan

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vijiakka. I never would have thought of writing a blog about unstable tumblers! You are unique! I enjoyed reading it. I think this approach to everyting in life is what attracts me to your blogs.

9. iyerviji

Uma dear welcome to my blogs and glad to know that you also have those tumblers. Right you are olden times everyone used to have large tumblers but now a days small tumblers are there and many people dont drink so much coffee so they prefer small tumblers

viji

10. iyerviji

Dear Rama and Kamala

Both of you think alike regarding me. Thanks for your compliments

love
    viji