1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Mother! (in Law)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, May 9, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear mithily

as always it is interesting to read your writing. I remembered my mil and mom while reading your posting. they both were exactly like yours and like the pillar of the family. They were the remote controllers . I too was very close with my mil and at the age of 16 I can say I learnt not only cooking but all from her only. It is nice to accept the elders in the family with their plus and minus that I am touched by your fond remembrance of your mil. thank you for the wonderful posting dear. take care and good night.

ganges

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Mithila Aunty,

This is a loving post :)

You are one best student graduated from her department of Home making and Love. That alone proves us who she is. :thumbsup

Aunty, I really admire you so much. I pray God that I should be a DIL like you to my Mother-in-law.

Happy Mother's day!!! :bowdown

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sabitha,
    Thanks a lot for the lovely words of appreciation.
    My MIL was a courageous woman and her native intelligence helped her tide over many tough situations in life
    love
    mithila

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. mithila kannan

My dear shiva,
    Thanks a lot for your fb.
    Food really binds people.During train journeys we make friends with fellow passengers through sharing our food with them and then we start chatting.When the time comes for ither of us to get down from the train we feel very sad to part with thode friends.You may forget them soon after you get into a vehicle to go home but while the friendship lasts you feel great.
    Love and affection between a MIL and DIL can't be compared to the friendship that is made with fellow passengers on a train jurney but with a conservativeMIL who is a full time housewife,cooking and serving tasty food is a sure way of paving a path into her heart.

love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear suganya,
    Thank you for that lovely fb.
    Happy that you liked the post.
    love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    Thanks a lot for your fb.
    love
    mithila

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Mithila Aunty,

I felt so good reading your post. It stirred up the thoughts of some good moments with my own dear MIL. Very well written as always, Aunty. :thumbsup

8. mithila kannan

My dear mallika,
    I enjoyed reading about the special relationship between you and your grandmother.Grand parents love their grandchildren more than their own children.

My MIL used to tell me very oftn,"If only I had a formal education,I would have become somebody in life."
    love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear Aruna,
    I have no words to thank you for the richest compliment you have paid me by addressing me as mother.Thank you Aruna,God bless you.

Once we renovated the hall inour house.The hall had ahuge window with a grill.We got the window t be made smaller and hence the grill,my husband said would not be of any use.My MIL being a NOSYPARKER immediately butted in,"Kanna,don't throw away or give way the grill.You are planning to build a rom on the first floor ,no?You can use the grill for that room."We were stunned and sure as she said,the grill could be used later on.
    love
    mithila

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Quite possible, Mithy! Happy for you. :)
    Contrary to some people who would say, "I wish my future MIL is like your MIL" , I apppreciate you saying, "I should be a DIL like you".

When one works on what she can do rather than on what others should do, there is a greater possibility of 'dream coming true'.

Sorry Mithila Aunty, I just barged in. :bonk
    Hope you don't mind.:hide: