1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Mother departs...

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya
    Very sorry to come in so late.
    sorry to hear about your mother's departure, may her soul rest in peace.
    My deepest condolence to you and your family.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy
    Thank you for your kind words of solace. My mum always remembered her brief meeting with you and often talked about a young woman like you single-handedly keeping all of us glued to the PC.
    She was an epitome of love and compassion and always had a word of encouragement for everyone. She'll continue to live in our memory.
    Love
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    Thank you for your kind message. If I am as nearly back to normal as I am now which I thought was never going to be possible, I should owe to all of you in IL.
    Sri

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    I am deeply distressed to learn about the demise of your mother.If I remember right it is only recencly I sought her blessings through one my FB to one of your articles.As you rightly said no one will call you a child any more and this is something you will miss.Our heart felt condolences and may her soul rest in peace.
    Regards
    Mythili & Lakshiminarayanan

5. Cheeniya

Dear LN
    I thank you and Mythili for your word of condolence. During my mum's life time, I never imagined that she would leave all of us one day. When that day eventually came, I was shattered but thanks to all the good souls of IL, I have been able to overcome this terrible loss. A dull pain remains though but I am slowly getting over it.
    Regards
    Sri

6. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    I read 'My mother departs...' for may be the fifteenth time today and I can feel your pain in my heart because I lost both my parents when I was too young and now I have lost all my three brothers!

Once when I was very young we -my mother and few other members of our family- went to Kancheepuram to get the blessings of 'Maha Periyava' and He was talking about life and death in length. Most of what all he said that day I didn't understand then though I remember each and every word of His' till today. He said 'Eppadi irukkanumgarathu avava vidhipadi nadakkum. Eppadi poganumgaradhu namma manasoda vivekathula irukku. Eppadi pazhutha ilai marathulendhu udhirgiratho appadi athma sareerathile irundu 'eeasya' piriyanum. Ithuthaan Bhagavath Geethai!' . His words made me understand how fickle this life is. I think your mother detached her body from her soul exactly the same way 'Maha Periyava' enlightened us that day!

7. Cheeniya

My dear Monifa
    I was shocked to read that you have lost both your parents and all your three brothers too. There are some inexplicable tragedies of life which leave us totally perplexed but then you have been lucky to have had the acquaintance of such evolved souls like Paramacharya who seem to have the answer for everything. The Great Sage has always been a powerful guide in my life and a beacon when I get lost in troubled waters. I have the entire collection of his lectures compiled and published by R.Ganapathy in a series of books titled 'Deivathin Kural' (Voice of the Divine). There is not a single riddle or perplexity of life that has not been expertly dealt with by him in his speeches.

I keep them as my moral and spiritual reference point. I am not claiming to lead a life as ordained by him but I am at least able to draw a line for myself when my emotions lead me astray.
    Sri

8. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    I have read Ra Ganapathy's 'Deivathin Kural' many times. This book belonged to my mother and this is another reason why I think it's a treasure. Another book is Shirdi Sai Baba's 'Sri Sai satCharitam' which I read as 'Sapthaham'. I always try to be a very good human being and my only prayer to God is not to give me a rebirth...
    monifa13

9. Cheeniya

Dear Monifa
    GB Shaw once wrote "Your purpose in life is simply to help on the purpose of the Universe' My dad always used to say that the character of a man could best be studied from the way he drove his car. If you look closely at the two statements, you would find a lot of similarity between the two. Both in leading our day to day life or in performing such mundane tasks as driving a car, our attitude should be not to hinder others' progress. For example, most of the traffic jams are caused by people who take law in their hands and drive without any respect for the traffic laws. This is what Shaw implied too. While going through our life, we should never indulge in any activity that is not in tune with the rule laid down for our pursuit in the scriptures and holy books.

I am happy that you read such elevating books as Deivathin Kural and Sai Sat Charitha. As you read them over and over again, the ability to discern the right from the wrong becomes ingrained in you and you become incapable of making a mistake even involuntarily. If God feels that some purpose may be served by our being born again, we'll be reborn. But that should be really of no concern to us when our prayer is 'Puzhuvai Pirakkinum punniya Unnadi en manathe vazhuvathirukka vendum'
    Sri

10. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    So sorry to hear. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Can feel the pain. Even i lost my Mother just 3 weeks back.
    Meenakshi