1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Mother departs...

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Oct 9, 2009.

1. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir,

I am sorry I have no words.. No words at all..

The grief sinks in, deep down and finds a corner in the depths of your heart. And there it will lie for the rest of your life.

May the noble soul rest in peace.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dearest ILites
    I am overwhelmed by your spontaneous expressions of grief and distress at my calamitous bereavement. This only enhances my belief substantially that IL is just not another internet community but an extended family where we all tend to get smothered by love and affection. I am yet to come to grips with the loss of my dear mother but all of you have made the pain a lot more bearable than what it would have been otherwise. I have loving sisters here, doting daughters and dedicated friends. I have no doubt that my departed mother draws comfort from the fact that she has left me amidst such loving souls and that I have no reason to feel orphaned.

It would have been fair and proper if I had acknowledged your condolence messages individually but I did not want to get back to the state of intense gloom through such a process. After all, life has to go on and we cannot afford to stay wallowing in the sea of gloom forever. My mother would certainly not want her liberation to cripple and chain me forever. She has always been a beehive of activity, an epitome of compassion and a great motivator. If I refuse to see her departure in its proper perspective and get along with my life, I would be doing her memory a great injustice. I have been her dutiful and affectionate son all her life and why should I be any different now that she is no more?

Apart from the void created by her departure, the fear of having to share my family responsibility without her guidance is awesome but I guess that the spirit that she has left behind will see me through. On this momentous occasion, I repledge my commitment to IL and all its members. This is a family that I love more than my life and I’ll do everything that I can to foster a strong bond of love amidst all its members.

I thank you all for staying with me so closely during my hour of grief. God bless you
    Sri

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    all the ceremonies to your mother would have been done properly, I am sure. You are on the right track, your mother will be sad if you grieve her departure to heavenly abode. The pain will be there always but that is life.

4. Cheeniya

Yes Varloo
    My brother and I gave the noble soul a fitting farewell as prescribed in the Scriptures. It was such a moving experience to see her joining her ancestors on the 12th day. Hindu rituals are indeed replete with meaning.
    Sri

5. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Cheeniya sir sorry.Nobody can take the place of the mother. my heart felt condolances sir . May her soul rest in peace.

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Thank you for your kind message of condolence. I am slowly limping back to normalcy. Time surely is a great healer!
    Sri

7. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I am extremely sorry about your mother's departure! I had learnt from your posts: your mother wasn't a part of your life; she was a part of your own self.

Such an irrepairable loss it is..

God rest her in peace!

shreyasri

8. PadmaL

PadmaL Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

May your mum's soul rest in peace. Be strong.

Regards
    PadmaL

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Shreyashri and Padmal
    I thank you for your kind words of condolence. Friends like you have helped me a lot in coming to grips with my recent bereavement.
    Sri

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

First my sincere apologies for coming in so late to convey my condolences on your mother's demise. No excuses, sorry.

I met your Mom, though for a few minutes I still remember the warmth of holding her hands. You should be thankful to God for having given the opportunity to be with your Mom till now. But all said and done, Mom is irreplaceable and whatever be your age or her age it is still a big loss. It will take some time for you to come to terms with it, you know better.

From what you have posted later in this thread, looks like you are fighting to come out of the grief and that's nice.

My prayers for her soul to rest in peace. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Regards,
    Malathy