1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My most embarrasing moment!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Anandchitra,

Just read your hilarious post. Lucky to have such a protective son, keeps you safely under locks. Big Laugh Thanx for writing in !

Devika

quote=anandchitra;237931]Its really a lot of FUN to read all your posts..
    I will have to think a little as there have been too much..always did something or other ..nothing big..
    but when kid was small he got me into a lot of trouble..once when i was cooking he was just short of two and sitting in stroller seat ..he locked me inside the ktichen..and i had to break open window to get out..so everyone made fun..
    then when he was 3 something I was in bedroom he locked me in and i had to yell from balcony and get HELP.. after that no more doors with locks in house..everyone made fun..
    will think and come up with more.. not a difficult task..[/quote]

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Thanx for your input. Infact its really funny that you mentioned an episode similar to something I experienced. Actually I had gone shopping with my Mami. She was busy shopping some groceries and I had a few bags full in hand. While she walked ahead ,i followed her .It was a very crowded street After a few minutes I saw a drunkard walk past me swaying. I moved away and he walked ahead. He reached near my mami.She thought it was me and began chatting without looking at him. This guy was totally zonked and he took the support of my mami and kept his hand on her shoulder. She kept on chatting and walking ahead , completely oblivious to the fact that she was with a drunkard. I looked at her and was so shocked . I called to her almost screaming and thats when she turned and the whole thing dawned on her. My God!! the way I was laughing on the road with a few passerby's joining me and mami following suit. This joke remained in the family for a very long time . Infact mami is now a greatgrandmother but still remembers this episode vividly.

God Bless,

Devika

quote=Vidya24;237861]Devika and ladies,

Gosh, you are all a funny lot. What embarassments have you been in!!!

I had my most embarassing moment a few days after our marriage. We had gone out for one of the customary dinner invitations for newly weds. Time to return, but taxis went on sudden strike in Bombay. We were forced to take a local train, and the station was really jampacked. I could not walk by my husband and keep pace with him, so I decided to follow him guidde by his shirt.

I kept running behind, when suddenly a hand came and pulled me back. Lo, it was husband. I had been following some strange guy wearing a similar shirt. I was the laughing stock for months after this. Comments varied from, 'how could she follow some strange guy?' to 'as if she cannot recognise her own husband' to ' she is from a small town, not aware of Bombay'.

Ladies, took me years to live this down. Even now, when we go to crowded places, DH never fails to remind me not to follow some stranger.

sighs
    V24[/quote]

3. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

This happened when i was in junior college.I used to stay in college hostel and one evening i wasn't well with severe cold and fever.I took permission in the middle of study hour and went to hostel.Our care taker was in college that time(the college and hostel buildings were adujacent each other)so she told me to lock doors carefully.I locked main entrance,hall door and my room door, took medicine and slept.At around 10.30 in the night some one is calling my name from our room's bathroom window and i woke up suddenly.God everyone returned from study hour and they were buzzing the bell from 10'o clock but i couldn't realise because of deep sleep. They were waited half an hour outside one girl took stairs and called me through window.When i opened the door there were nearly 15 to 20 of our hostel mates and our care taker standing and looking at meRant.Later i apologised everyone but i was:hide: for several days.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

now my episode happened so many years ago but still the moment u mention it is like an encyclopaedia in the brain and it jumps out with a slip of reference from the brain here is yours..

i had taken my aunt who is no more to hanuman temple on a saturday and we had our darshan without much hazzle and came back took my kinetic along with her on the back and as i started moving i found my bike making a funny sound and no petrol and only while coming i had noticed it was full, so wondered what could had happened i stopped at the petrol bunk asked him to fill it and there the key would not open the tank and he kept asking is it yours and i kept nodding yes it is.
    then as i moved walking up and down suddenly noticed some words printed on the number plate and it dawned, oh my god! What have i done one i have an old bike in place of my new one and another panick suppose my bike also gone along with the owner of this bike, and i somehow managed to put in a litre of petrol and asked my aunt to take an auto and go home and rushed back there.

i had a great reception committee waiting they were standing around my bike which had been moved to one side to accommodate a sand lorry and this bike was brought later by a lady and parked just behind the lorry which i mistook to be mine and as it started with my key i had gone away, now when i explained, she was equally baffled said she tried all her might to open with her key as her bike was opened with my key, but it would not work and here she was stranded. i hurriedly apologised for my mistake and told her i have put one litre petrol and she gave me the cash very decent i must say and rushed back home now i always check the number plate before i take my bike out....

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Ha Ha Sheshin.

Thats quite an event. Something very similar happened with my sis . But then when she wasnt getting up even after a good 2 hours, my neighbours kids had to resort to throwing some objects at her from the window. Been a good decade now but we still tease my sis about it.

Thanx for writing in!! God Bless,

Devika

quote=sheshin;243769]This happened when i was in junior college.I used to stay in college hostel and one evening i wasn't well with severe cold and fever.I took permission in the middle of study hour and went to hostel.Our care taker was in college that time(the college and hostel buildings were adujacent each other)so she told me to lock doors carefully.I locked main entrance,hall door and my room door, took medicine and slept.At around 10.30 in the night some one is calling my name from our room's bathroom window and i woke up suddenly.God everyone returned from study hour and they were buzzing the bell from 10'o clock but i couldn't realise because of deep sleep. They were waited half an hour outside one girl took stairs and called me through window.When i opened the door there were nearly 15 to 20 of our hostel mates and our care taker standing and looking at meRant.Later i apologised everyone but i was:hide: for several days.[/quote]

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,

I guess we've both learnt the same leson: Please chk the number plate of your vehicle before trying to zoooom away in it>

Thanx so much
    God Bless,

Devika

quote=sunkan;243777]now my episode happened so many years ago but still the moment u mention it is like an encyclopaedia in the brain and it jumps out with a slip of reference from the brain here is yours..

i had taken my aunt who is no more to hanuman temple on a saturday and we had our darshan without much hazzle and came back took my kinetic along with her on the back and as i started moving i found my bike making a funny sound and no petrol and only while coming i had noticed it was full, so wondered what could had happened i stopped at the petrol bunk asked him to fill it and there the key would not open the tank and he kept asking is it yours and i kept nodding yes it is.
    then as i moved walking up and down suddenly noticed some words printed on the number plate and it dawned, oh my god! What have i done one i have an old bike in place of my new one and another panick suppose my bike also gone along with the owner of this bike, and i somehow managed to put in a litre of petrol and asked my aunt to take an auto and go home and rushed back there.

i had a great reception committee waiting they were standing around my bike which had been moved to one side to accommodate a sand lorry and this bike was brought later by a lady and parked just behind the lorry which i mistook to be mine and as it started with my key i had gone away, now when i explained, she was equally baffled said she tried all her might to open with her key as her bike was opened with my key, but it would not work and here she was stranded. i hurriedly apologised for my mistake and told her i have put one litre petrol and she gave me the cash very decent i must say and rushed back home now i always check the number plate before i take my bike out....[/quote]

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Really interesting to read your E moments...had a hearty laugh.

Reading Sunkan's post....reminds me that a couple of weeks ago a mail was floated in our society's yahoogroups that a kinetc honda has been stolen from the premises. The security didn't know who had wheeled it out and no one had any clue as to where the bike had disappeared.

The owner lodged a complaint with the police and the hunt was on....finally the bike was traced in a society in the adjusant suburb. It so happened that 2 bikes of the same colour and make were parked next to each other and the owner of one of the bikes wheeled away the wrong vehicle and hence this goof-up. That lad didn't realsie that he was going around for 3 days on someone elses bike till the vehicle was traced. Finally the boy who had taken the wrong bike got his without any trouble but our society person is still waiting as he had done a police complain and has to finish all the formalities before he gets his vehicle.

I think all the kinetc honda owners need to check whether the keys are inter usable...then this is an issue you need to take up with the company.

Roopa.

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    I was not a very good mood today and when I started reading your post..........OMG, I am still laughing imagining you running behind some guy and the comments of ur hubby not to follow some strange guy...........Big LaughBig Laugh
    You made me happy........
    Regards.

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Ria Darling.........
    You r dangerous.......hats off to ur hubby who is still sleeping with you after that bite.........kidding yaar.....
    And this helping guy is good.......did you thanked him for his gesture or forgot......
    Take care.
    Regards.

10. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

There is nothing odd. I also make such mistakes.

But once my husband tried to open somebody elses car. It gave an alarm. The owner came immediately. There stood my husband like a fool. He too apologised saying "Even I have the same brand. Some people who had seen this started laughing! Don't worry you have a friend in him.. Birds of same feather! kanaka