1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My most embarrasing moment!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

We are go through various experiences in life,some eventful, some emotional , some happy etc. we forget some but remember others. But embarassing experiences are such that one can never forget them.I would like to share a few of mine with you. I know it going to make me look like a cartoon ,but what the heck its alright if its going to bring in a few smiles.

Once after work hours while we (hubby and me) were leaving the institute ,hubby met somebody and began chatting ,I had a few papers in hand so asked him for the car keys. He gave it to me and told me to proceed and he'd be there in a few seconds.How I now wish I had stayed with him coz what followed became my most embarrasing moment. As i crossed the road towards the car ( a white Zen) i took the keys and immediately tried opening the door. Despite several attempts i just couldnt open it . Thought my sun glasses were obstructing my view and removed them and tried again.
    I then felt somebody standing next to me . I Looked up and saw a very tall hefty man looking at me . I looked at him as if he were some road side romeo. Then this guy asked me " Madam what do you want from my car"?. As I looked up at him my eyes moved to the other white Zen parked behind this one and realised I was trying to open this guy's car. I was so embarrased by then I just couldnt say anything( i just kept callling myself a thousand names). I mentioned and apology all the time thinking that this guy must be sure he's handled a car thief. Oh God Why didnt I check out the number plate. :hide.
    I looked around and was glad no one was watching . I then opened my car door and waited for my husband to come and when i related this to him , he couldnt stop laughing and i wanted to screaaaam.Anyway its been a few years and if ever I am to drive out i am sure to chk out the number first.

The other incident is when we had booked into a hotel outstation and were completely exhausted.Mid May and it was blazing hot . The moment i entered the hotel room i went straight to th couch to sit and relax. The moment i sat down I took the remote next to me assuming it was of the A/C .I blindly tried to switch it on when the room boy told me it was the TV remotebonk. Imagine my embarrassment. I am still blushing as I write this all the while cursing myself. (Oh how stupid of me)!! When my husband came I told him he has married the biggest cartoon around. Again all he did was laugh uncontrollably.

There I guess I' ve shared my most embarrasing moments with you. Why dont you share yours with us. Atleast we can all do with some good laugh!!!!

Take care, God Bless

Devika

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    Very funny... to read ur E.Moments...

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Devika,

That was very amusing. Looking back, we can laugh at our own selves. But at that moment we feel like bonk.

Here is one of mine. I was at a grocery store with my husband and was searching for whole moong dal. My husband was standing behind me and there was nobody in that part of the store. As I was searching, I was talking to him about the other dals that were in sight - "I think I have this dal. We do'nt use that dal......".

When I found a packet, I was telling that "This packet is too big. What will I do with such a big one. Do you think I should buy this? If I buy this one, it will start to rot with insects....blah blah". After a good 10 minutes of high animated talk, I turned back to see a lady staring at me and no husband in sight.

I realised I had been talking to myself in the shop. I grabbed the packet and left hurriedly in search of my husband, who was coming out of the restroom. When I told him about what had happened, he said he had left for the rest room the moment we began our search.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Devika,
    Embarrasing moments....mmm...

I can narrate one from my side.....

It all happened when my aunt and her dil with two kids 4 years and the other was in the age of a 'car seat' baby came to visit us.
    On the day of their departure, my husband told my BIL who was at our house at that time to drop them off at the airport, as my hubby is having some emergency work at the hospital... Note here that my BIL is new to our place, so he relied on me to show the way to the airport....now you should have guessed that something....

yeah, you are right... eventhough i know the exit to the airport from the main road, I don't know where it was bonk
    We circumbulated the whole area with no airport to be in sight, at last...we got the way from a person in the petrol bunk and got on time--note on time---
    that was the last call from the plane for boarding....and they are about to close...
    but they made it to the plane, at last....

I understood what they might have gone through ....:spin with kids, luggages and mil...
    I am sorry my dear....

I know the way now..but whenever I pass through that route...

Shame on me...

sriniketan

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu , Nivedi , Sriniketan,

Thanx for the replies. I'm sure we had a few moments of laughter. A minute of laughter takes away 60 seconds of worry and that was the intention . And its relieving to laugh at ones own folly.

God Bless,

Devika

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Devika and ladies,

Gosh, you are all a funny lot. What embarassments have you been in!!!

I had my most embarassing moment a few days after our marriage. We had gone out for one of the customary dinner invitations for newly weds. Time to return, but taxis went on sudden strike in Bombay. We were forced to take a local train, and the station was really jampacked. I could not walk by my husband and keep pace with him, so I decided to follow him guidde by his shirt.

I kept running behind, when suddenly a hand came and pulled me back. Lo, it was husband. I had been following some strange guy wearing a similar shirt. I was the laughing stock for months after this. Comments varied from, 'how could she follow some strange guy?' to 'as if she cannot recognise her own husband' to ' she is from a small town, not aware of Bombay'.

Ladies, took me years to live this down. Even now, when we go to crowded places, DH never fails to remind me not to follow some stranger.

sighs
    V24

7. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Embarrasing moments... I rather call them funny moments. Because I hardly feel embarrased even in those moments. Probably because I had been tom boy all the while.
    So i have host of such moments. Some mines some others..

- Now this one off late funniest.. I was dreaming hard in night and it was such an intense dream that I still remember things goign in my mind then. Dream was about trying to lock house while going out. IN dream, me and my husband are going out and I am checking all the rooms for turned on lights or heater. Suddenly I catch a sight of person hidden behind bookshelf. I go there to encounter this person. And Suddenly I feel this person is caressing my hair and trying to console me. While all I am trying to do is , muster courage and give his hand toughest bite. And now when I open my eyes in middle of night, I see I am biting my husband's hand who is trying to console me because I am shouting in dream.. :hide Talk of embrassement. I still laugh aloud when I remember. The look on my husband 's face was priceless.

- This one is also recent. I have tendency to boss around while I shop for grocery. So normally I pick the stuff and hubby moves around the cart. I often hand over stuff to him without looking back. I tell with orderign tone..Listen get that cart from that corner, thats ours. And keep this stuff there. I am handing stuff one by one by one..and by the time I am done picking ten items. I see my husband entering from other side. :hide So who has beem keeping the stuff.. Dont ask me.. Go figure out..It was some guy, who thought i need help because I am on crutches because of an injury..

Ria

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Its really a lot of FUN to read all your posts..
    I will have to think a little as there have been too much..always did something or other ..nothing big..
    but when kid was small he got me into a lot of trouble..once when i was cooking he was just short of two and sitting in stroller seat ..he locked me inside the ktichen..and i had to break open window to get out..so everyone made fun..
    then when he was 3 something I was in bedroom he locked me in and i had to yell from balcony and get HELP.. after that no more doors with locks in house..everyone made fun..
    will think and come up with more.. not a difficult task..

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

AC - What's up with your son - he is always locking you up and you jumping out of windows? You seem to be a superwoman.

Just pulling your leg!

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Ria,

Just read your reply to this thread. Your being a tomboy must 've helped you stay cool , coz if I were you I'd have probably dived right into that grocery bag Big Laugh

God Bless,

Devika