1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My MOM hates mobiles!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rewa

rewa New IL'ite

Devika..

Tell your Mom that in my case, we ( me n my best half) take the most important decisions thro' SMS. But for a mobile , my life would have become a soliloqy. yaari, what more than the fact that i have told him that i loved him - more by way of SMS than in person. Again this has allowed me to put forth my view about anything controversial more clearly.. by SMS ( sometimes when u stand in front of your spouse and talk, your sentiments tend to block rational thought, right)

rewa

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Oh Rewa,

Thats really sweet . I sometimes do use the mobile for the same . I must add here that I write big long mushy smses to him especially after an argument and wait for the reply ,and the reply is usually"Same Here".

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Devika,

I love my mobile and love to hear it ring. Everytime my mobile rings it makes me guess, "who is thinking about me' and I am giggling with my guesses. If the number has reached some pranksters and unwanted people, the irriation continues. If I Have given my mobile number to someone, it only means, I like to keep in touch with that person.

When we are spending quality time with our family, we can politely tell the caller we will speak to them later. Now a days, the mobile rings less as SMS is in vogue. I send around 500 messages in a month. Yes, we have a network of friends and we are in the "Family Plan" of a leading service provider. Wee keep in touch throughout the day. The calls made to 10 of us is free with a small monthly premium and sms is 10p only.

Interacting with people happily is a blessing of god which we should count with a thank you. Yes, when you are spending quality time with your loved ones, SMS can help.
    I love my mobile and love it more when it beeps at 3 in the morning with a sms "Mals back home after the party".