1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My mind knows it but my heart definitely need more. Kindly help ladies

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cutiepie66, Sep 9, 2013.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

First of all, I am lucky to have a wonderful family. My husband has given me complete freedom to pursue my interest. Never questions my spending but definitely has a opinion that he should work hard, earn well and spend only for his wife's happiness. He saves for rainy day bu never asks me to control my spending as he feels its my money and that I have right to spend. At time, he will ask for help for me but sooner or later he will pay back the money. Always keeps saying " I am earning for you dear".

He never had any complaint about me. In simple words, he never expects anything from me. That's what I feel or he is not telling me?? I have asked him n number of times like what he wants from me so that I can keep him happy. he keeps telling " Your happiness is important for me. I don't want anything else from you". (How can he be without expectations?) But as a wife, I expect a lot from him. I want him to speak out when I share something with him. But he listens. That's it. Nothing more he does. But I know that he feels bad if I feel bad for anything. (For example: I feel a lot to him saying that I couldn't conceive. He will listen. But doesn't open his mouth. If I shout at him, why don't you say something, He will simply say " Don't worry. We will definitely have a kid. But in heart he will feel for me. He doesn't show it out.) What I am trying to say is, he doesn't know to express his love. But i wish I will be happy if he openly expresses his love. Sometimes he says, " I seriously don't know how to express my love". But I am of the type, he takes me out to a candlelight dinner/or out to beach on a warm evening/ or even to a temple/ says things out when I share my problems with him. He doesn't initiate these things. But if I ask, he doesn't say no. He doesn't surprise me with birthday gifts/surprise kiss or any kind of surprise. I wish he gets me a birthday cake without my knowledge and surprises me. But he will go out and If I ring him up and ask where he is , he will simply say that he is buying a cake for me.

I don't know how to explain in a comprehensive manner. Hope you girls can understand me at least to some extent. What shall I do to feel good in spite of these petty issues? I am wrong? or he is wrong? May be I am comparing myself with my other friends who feel happy with their hubby's surprise gifts on their birthday? I wish he could be more romantic. We are married for 2.5 years. Girls, its not just about gifts. What I expect is.... Hope you girls can understand me.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Your husband seems to be a man of few words. He has already answered your question. He wants you to be happy with him and things as they are. That is his hope and expectation from you.

Question is can you fulfill his expectation?

3 people like this.
  3. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

yes as Rihana said answer is in your thread itself....

just share whats all in your mind and talk slowly he will also start talking..... patience is needed.... he might be a reserved person..... Just talk and talk he will come and talk to you and express to you slowly...
    give him some time

1 person likes this.
  4. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

You do to him all that you expect from him... surprise him.. speak you heart out... do this not when a need arises but always.. you initiate the talking... just pick any topic randomly (ensure the topic is a general one... not like when you will have a child or sentimental things ...just general topic) .. talk about the subject .. express your opinion.. ask him what he thinks... encourage him to talk etc..

you give him a surpirse party, a surprise cake... a surprise dish he likes, invite his friends as a surpirse...

don't show it when he does not reciprocate.. be patient.. if you do all this for 3 or 4 occassions, he will be encouraged to try something similar.. he will open his mind to new ideas... needs a lot of patience dear...

and the most important thing is ... please count your blessings... compared to many ladies here you are really blessed to have such a "sail smooth" marriage... may be try to divert your mind into some hobbies etc so that you dont have to think sooo much about the problems that don't exist... and one more caution... don't trust your friends completely (I am making this statement not knowing the level of bonding you have with them... so apologies if this hurts you) ...I know a lot of girls out there who just outwardly show off a picture perfect setting just to instigate others... for all you know the insides would be rotten... so just count your blessings..

Good luck !!!

2 people like this.
  5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Its not that I am feeling bad or I am not happy with him. In fact, in the beginning itself I have mentioned that I am lucky to have him. I just felt that it would be good if he does all those silly things to me. and I just wished that he could be more romantic.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Will try to go by your advice. Thanks dear :)

6. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Yes. Right?? :) Thanks for pointing it out :)

7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

you need to change your perception of things ........not all men are flower giver,cake bringing sort of hubbies...........he has different qualities & you need to see those & remind yourself about them .

he listens & that is his indication of love............instead of giving empty symathy he feels for you.

he lets you spend on yourself,'borrows' & returns to you(in family there is no her,his but ours so it is not really borrowing) how many hubby's do that....many won't share their own salary & even exert right on wife's salary & spending.so that is also a blessing.

lastly for any happy relationship NEVER COMPARE.........

2 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear cutiepie....actions speak louder than words and your husband has definitely proven his love by his action. Everyone's idea of showing love is different. You may have different expectations about expression of love....hope you don't miss out on his expressions of love while waiting for him to do it a certain way.

If you really want him to do certain things a certain way....just mention that you like that...e.g I love when people surprise their lover with gifts. Sometimes with men...it is as simple as that.:)

You should express your love the way you like....may be he will get a hint.

1 person likes this.
  9. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Will do yellowmango. Thank you

1 person likes this.
  10. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Very True. I am really lucky to have him.