1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Middle In Today's Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 17, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    I am happy to tell you that today's Deccan Herald carries my middle, I Love You too.
    Here's the link:
    Deccan Herald - I love you too

This middle was rejected by them last year. I immediately posted that in our site. And now because the person in charge has changed, they accepted it and published it.

love,

2. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Congratulations :clap! I had somehow missed reading this in the forum but it is terrific. Hang on - there is a call now on my mobile now - let me apply this strategy immediately!!

Cheers,

Sumathy

3. varalotti

Dear Sumathy,
    Thanks. I am happy you enjoyed it. And happier still that you are going to apply the technique.
    Yesterday when GE Money called me for personal loans, I switched my strategy. I said that I want a loan. How much, the lady asked in an exciting voice.
    I said, it depends on how much GE Money is worth as of now.
    Why, she asked.
    I told her that I want a loan from them to buy their own company so that I won't get these nagging calls.
    The lady had a fine sense of humour. She thanked me for the nice joke and politely hung the phone.
    thanks,

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    I wish you had told me of this wonderful strategy a few months back. Had you done that, my BP would not have gone through the roof because of such annoying calls and I would not have ended up in a hospital with a haemorrahage!
    Now I'll give that hospital more clients by causing their BP to shoot up!
    Sri

5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Congrats :clap:clap.

I too missed it earlier. Read it just now...fantastic way to shut their mouth.

I will pass it on to my brother in Chennai who always fumes whenever he gets such a call.

Bye

6. varalotti

Dear Sri,

It's a rare honour me that the Pithamahan of the site has paid a visit to this forum. I think in that way this one year's delay in publication is pre-ordained.

I remember GK Chesterton saying in one article that a mishap is an adventure wrongly viewed while an adventure is a mishap rightly viewed. The telemarketing calls are now adventures and now I take them even though I am in the midst of a serious discussion. They are now a sort of therapy for my stressed out mind.

I now use many varied techniques for these "personal loan" calls. I am now afraid that the pendulum has swung to the other end. I now sense that the girls feel quite relaxed talking to me, though they know I am pulling up their feet. Soon whenever they feel stressed they will place a call to my number and hear what I have to say.

So now you can negotiate a deal with your hospital to give you a percentage on the income they earn from these hapless telemarketeers.
    And don't forget to pass on Varalotti's share.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Saraswathi,
    thanks a lot. I learnt pretty early in life that once you get agitated by somebody else's actions, then you become dependent on them.
    And if you make them agitated by your actions,then they are dependent on you.
    Ask your brother to use these techniques. They are still working for me.

regards,

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sridhar,

Congrats. Do they have this as a class in CA:roll:. Veda also says the same. he will patiently talk to them, and corner them..whereas i get irritated fast.

9. varalotti

Shanti,

Welcome back. Nice to see you around after some time. Hope you are doing fine now.

And thanks for the congratulatory post. Well, I don't know whether they teach these things to CAs these days. Back then when I did my CA, these things were not there at all.

But you pick up portable skills like these on the way. These are good stress busters.
    Thanks once again. Take care.
    regards,

PS: HE is waiting for you. When time permits, just have a loot at HIM.

10. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congrats on your article bieng published. That was a nice way to get rid of these calls and the pestering telemarketing tribe. Thanks for gving valuable tips of how to get them off our backs!!