My Memorable Trip to Niagara Falls- With pictures!!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Jithiks, May 11, 2008.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear jithiks,
    when you wrote this post in IL ,I was not an active member. but when I read this now I recollected everything (even a minute detail) when we visited that beautiful falls> with the useful tips you have given the picture of "Niagra" in a very brilliant manner( enna irundhalum ennoda ponnu illaiya:)) thank you very much dear.
    with love
    amma

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: true :thumbsup:thumbsup unga ponaache ;-)

Amma you know this thread won the contest too, then?. She took every other Ilite to niagara.. Very nicely written, loaded with information too !!

3. Mridula

Mridula New IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

Your narration is very good, you really took me to Niagara!!. You reminded me of my sister and her family..she narrates exactly the way you have done, every little detail and i liked about the south indian food part. we look for indian food wherever we go. Me and my husband are planning visit niagara falls in couple of months, your tips will be helpful.
    Thanks for sharing your trip memories with tips and wonderful narration.

4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Prettina,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful words!

Sure, I will try to share whenever I can and I feel so elated by your appreciation!! :)

Dear Amma,

Thanks for your sweet words! Yes, you read this only after our trip to Niagara last year. Glad you enjoyed my writing, ofcourse after my first hand narration to you about the same!!

Love

Nandhu,

Thanks for your nice words. In fact amma read this only after our trip to Niagara last year (with my parents) and she really enjoyed it all the more!! :)

5. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Mridula,

Thanks for your appreciation! Yes, it has become my habit to narrate along with all details so that it adds more interest and makes the reader visualize being there in that place.

Hope you have a wonderful time visiting Niagara and do sure your experience if you can!

Cheers

6. subha04

subha04 New IL'ite

Hi Krithika
    Came to know this wonderful post of yours thru one of our IL friends. In fact I posted few questions asking advice from our IL friends for my alongwith dh short trip to Niagara Falls, New York and Washington D.C. Today only went thru this post of yours and felt like asking you some questions regarding my trip. I am also spending a lot of time on web-search for my trip but getting confused becoz of too many sites.
    We booked a hotel in Buffalo where from we are planning to go to the falls. We are not going in our car, but we planned to go to these places thru Amtrak.
    1. How far is Niagara Falls from Buffalo? Any public transit?
    2. We have planned only 1-day stay at Niagara. Is 1 day enough to cover all the attractions?
    3. You wrote that we will be fully drenched near the falls, so should we carry another set of dresses with us when we go to the falls ?
    4. Should we also carry umbrella alongwith us when we go to the falls?
    Please advice me in this regard.
    Thanks a lot for your wonderful description of the trip in detail.
    Thanks once again.

7. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Wonderful description of Niagara Falls
    Liked very much.

8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice trip account with pointers and awesome pics dear Jithiks......Thanks for sharing.......:)

9. bluegopi

bluegopi New IL'ite

Thank you Kritika!
    As I was reading it felt like I was there...

10. spm1

spm1 Senior IL'ite

Best write up with lot of information!