1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My memorable trip to Kerala

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 17, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My brother in law's grand daughter's anna prasanam was in Guruvayur on 8th April 2012. His son booked ticket for me and my dh also four months back only. While going my brother in law first went to Bangalore to his daughter's house and from there they went to Calicut before 4th April to his daughter's in law's house. Me and my dh joined them in the morning of 5th April 2012. We had a comfotable journey to Calicut as my brother in law's son had booked in 3rd AC. In the afternoon bil's son and daughter in law came to Calicut with their cute daughter. In the evening we all went to Ganeshji temple and Murugan temple where Navagraham also was there. Being Panguni Uttaram there was Kavadi attam and we enjoyed seeing the Kavadi Attam.

On 6th April me, my dh, brother in law, his son and dil and grandchild left for Santana Gopala temple in a Van. In another car his daughter's husband, his sister, her husband , their son and nephew and brother in law's daughter's father in law came. We had good darshan of Santana Gopalan and did pooja there. Its a very quiet place. We came back home in the afternoon. By 4pm me, dh, brother in law his son and daughter in law and grandchild left for Palghat by Van. Our family friend who were earlier in Bombay now have settled down in Palghat. It was a tiring journey in the Van. There was some Meeting going on so we had to take a different route and by the time we reached family friend's house it was 9 pm. He has a big bungalow there and has terrace garden where all the vegetables grow. In the ground floor also many trees are there of Plantain , Jasmine etc. Its a nice place to stay there in summer holidays. We had a warm welcome there and they had made somany items . From there we went to another friend's house where we stayed in the night. We had yummy dinner there. Their house is in the centre of the field.They gave us mangoes from their tree . Morning we had breakfast and left for Madapalli Kavu our Kula Deivam temple . We had good darshan there and brother in law's grandchild was the centre of attraction. She is a cute child always smiling and cries only when she is hungry and when she wants to sleep.

In the afternoon on 7th April we reached Guruvayur where we had taken a room in a hotel. There other relatives joined us. Evening me, dh and my sis in law went to the temple and had good darshan of Guruvayurappan. There was a big Q . We went in the senior citizen line and so we could get darshan but they dont allow near the God. So when we enter only we should take darshan and they dont allow to stand there for long time.

On 8th Was Anna Prasanam for bil's grand daughter. We all left for the temple That day 250 marriages were conducted in Guruvayur temple and also manypeople had come to give anna prasanam for their child. First we went to take darshan of Guruvayurappan. First we were standing in Senior Citizen line , then someone said different line is there for ladies, so we ladies went and joined that line. We were standing for so long but the Q was not moving only. But later they said darshan only will be only at 9 a.m. , since we had to be there for Anna prasanam also we had to leave the Q. The gents had good darshan, we were not lucky to have darshan from inside but we saw from out. The whole temple was so crowded. It was very hot also. The programme of Anna Prasanam was only for 5 mins as many people were there to give anna prasanam for their child . After that we went back to the hotel room and all of us had a good time. Everyone wanted to carry my bil's grand child. and she was also entertaining everyone. Then we had lunch in brahmana samooham there . We were all about 25 people. By 3 pm me, dh and my sis in law left for Vaikom with my two sisters in law , my dh's 2 nephews for Vaikom . On the way we went to Tripunithura where another sis in law stays and also to leave my dh's nephew. From there we went to Vaikom. On the way there was heavy rain. When we reached Vaikom to my sis in law's house there was no current. Due to rain the current went off and came only at 11 a.m. next day. Due to rains it was not so hot , so we could sleep nicely in thenight.

My sis in law has a big bungalow surronded by Plantain trees, Jackfruit tree, Kappai , Coconut tree. Everyday we could enjoy having Coconut water, Jackfruit ripe one and also had jackfruit curry. Sis in law's made different varieties of food everyday , also yummy breakfast in which Puttu Kadalai was also included. She made crispy dosas . Never allowed me to do any work . Every day morning we went to the Krishnan temple there.

To be continued

3 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Happy to have you back Vijima and to know about your trip to kerala. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hope your hand is fine now.

- Pallavi.

3. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima
    A fire-brand post from Gods own country. Nice narration. Guruvayur holds a certain charm and spirituality which is hard to put in words. Theres something so enthralling about the early morning atmosphere there. From bglr to Calicut to palghat to guruvayur,thripunithra, vaikom........very envying trip!
    But it was not fair for you to write all those mouth watering goodies ...all in one post. You said jackfruits/ mangoes....? Fresh plucked ones.......oh how I yearn!
    Mega

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear glad to receive your first fb. Ya my hand is fine now. Thanks for your concern

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Megha dearthanks for your appreciation. True Guruvayur is a very nice place. I enjoyed the weather, the place , the atmosphere, the food everythingin Kerala in all the places I visited there and the love shown by my relatives who took good care of me.

Thanks to God for giving me this opportunitty to visit the temples

6. jhellsmith

jhellsmith New IL'ite

Glad that you've enjoyed your trip. Welcome back.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jhellsmith dear thanks for your fb

8. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know about your enjoyable trip in Kerala, Vijimma. Yes, getting a darshan of the Deity is most of the time depends on luck. But His blessings are always there with us.

Going to read the follow up section of it :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kalyani dear thanks for your visit here in your busy schedule