1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My memorable trip to Kerala II

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 17, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Its not the “Presence of Someone”
    that brings “Meaning” to ur life but
    its the way that “Someone”
    touchesyour heart which gives your life
    a beautiful “Meaning’.

On 10th morning My nephew took both of us, my sis in law and his wife to Thekkatucheri Bhagavathi temple. First we went by road and then by boat where first time I saw that the vehicles are also taken by boat. After having darshan there we went to Thuravur Siva temple where Bhagavatham was going on. There were about 10000 people there who had come. After having darshan we had lunch also there. Big Q was there and took long time for our turn to come. Feeding about 10000 people is a big task. We had left our chappals in the Van so for sometime walking bear foot was difficult as it was very hot. Came home by evening. Evening from 7 to 7.30 pm there is current cut. I was trying to go and sit out as there was no current. When I just went out while getting down the steps I fell down on my knees. I got so scared. My sis in law and nephew's wife made me get up and sit on the cot and nephew's wife applied ointment and I took rest for sometime. Luckily nothing serious was there and I was alright. From the time I came to Vaikom I was having pain in my knee. Since nephew's wife took good care and never allowed me to do much I had good rest. On 12th night we went to Tripunithura to my other sis in law's house and stayed there till 13th evening. 13th Morning went to Krishnan temple . My dh said its only 10 mins walk but it was a long walk . We also went to Chothanikara temple by auto. There was a long Q there as it was New Year that day and also Friday. We had to wait for half an hour to get darshan. Had good darshan and came back home. My dh's nephew had made Mango Puliseri and Kootu. We had that yummy lunch and evening left for Vaikom.

On 14th got up at 4.30 to see Vishu kani. Early morning went to Krishnan temple and saw Vishu Kani there also. They had kept a big Idol of Krishna with all fruits and vegetables. For lunch nephew's wife had made Mango Sambhar and Chakkai Curry and papad. We got Pal payasam prasadam from the temple. Evening we went to Muthaedathu Kavu Devi temple where they burn 5000 full coconut given by all bhakthas. It seems by the time all the coconuts burn it will be night 12 pm. then some of the bhakthas have that coconut and it seems whoever has stomach problems it gets cured. We did not wait for long there and came home by 9.30 pm. While going there was rain and luckily when we reached the temple there was no rain. They had a fare also there.

On 15th it was time for us to leave from Vaikom to Bombay. My sis in law's son from Tripunithura gave us yummy food to take for train. It was Tamarind rice, Dahi rice, Thayir Milagai for lunch, Evening elai adai made of jackfruit then in the night idli with milagapodi which was also yummy. We had a comfortable journey and brother in law's grand daughter was there to keep us entertained. Nephew also gave Chakkai Varatry made from the chakkai from their field. My sis in law from Vaikom gave us Ponni arisi which costs only 2 rs a kilo there. We had 14 luggages and were worried how we are going to get down at Thane. My dh's nephew told his two friends to come to help us to take out the luggage from the train. Due to my knee pain I could not carry much. I was trying to carry suitcase which had wheels but could not carry it in the steps and poor brother in law he carried it , holding his grand daughter also. While climbing down the steps three girls came and told me aunty we will carry and by the time I reached down they disappeared. I felt God only sent them to help me. By 12.15 pm we reached home safely.

We had a comfortable journey and comfortable stay in Kerala enjoying vegetables and fruits from the field, fresh air and love from everyone.

5 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,
    Vishu in Kerala.....oh.....that was the reason you were missing here......:).!!!!!
    Gllad that you hada nice trip and pleasant stay there aunty, and,
    Thanks a lot for the virtual trip by your post to God's own land.
    Just enjoyed it!!!:cheers:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji you have taken us to all the temples and You are lucky to visit these temples.How is your knee pain?Take care.

1 person likes this.
  4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Tamil Puthandu Valthukkal!(Nandana varusham)!
    Nice narration about your Kerala Trip!Yeah, it was a Memorable Journey too!,You all had a comfortable journey, and had a nice stay there, and came back safely!.
    Keep writing.
    Thanks.
    I enjoyed it!.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    My belated Vishu Greetings to you and your DH.
    I went through both parts of your travelogue and it struck me as though that you undertook this journey solely for the purpose of eating! There was not a single line that did not have some 'chakka' product, more milaga , curd rice and what have you. I am sure you missed all these native dishes in Pune and when a chance presented itself to you, you grabbed it with both hands!

I do hope in between mouthfuls of mango sambar, ponni rice and chakka curry, you could find time to think of this poor Anna!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

Happy Belated Vishu Greetings to you.. A wonderful post from you... Your travelogue was just like you taking us to all the temples... Happy that you enjoyed your trip... But take care of your knee...

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Nice to hear about the lovely time that you had in kerala with your loved ones. I did wonder at your absence here.:) As it is I have been hearing of chakka manga iddichakka nendrakka etc from my mom and aunt here and you add to it??
    I feel hungry at the very mention of some combinations that you mentioned here.. LOL.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear yes I celebrated Vishu in Kerala and got to see all the fruits and vegetables and also had the opportunity to enjoy eating them. . Glad you enjoyed the write up. If it had been written by you about the trip you would written very nicely.

Happy New Year to you and your family

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Periamma dear I am also happy that I got the opportunity to visit the temples . My knee pain is better now.

Happy New Year to you

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Surya dear puthandu vazhthukal to you too. Glad you liked the narration. True we had a comfortable journey and enjoyed the stay there

1 person likes this.