1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Maternal Grandma

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 3, 2018.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thank You , Shri Cheeniya for reminding me of my maternal grandam. Like you I was born after my grandparents and maternal grandpa were gone. I used to visit my maternal grandma every summer during school vacation. I remember having done this for five or six years. Then she was also gone.
    I have very happy memories of her. She was old indeed but young enough to cook the food I liked. She had no son and lived all by her self. I distinctly remember her pampering me with lots and lots of home made Ghee probably that was her way of seeing me grow up fast healthy and sound. She would be three or four spoonful of Ghee in my Daal and I would rather resist it but somehow she made me to finish it. From morning to evening she would pamper me with fruits, sweets and other snacks.

Cheeniya likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@KrishnaPriya3
    Hello KrishnaPriya
    Welcome to IL and welcome to my Rambling.
    No grandparent has ever been an irritant for his/her grandchild. Even a neighboring grandma can be a strong supporter of the neighboring child as we see in the case of Dennis and his neighbor Martha Wilson!
    Grandmas are usually known for their problem-solving ability and culinary skills. Today's grandparents spend most of the time on TV. They watch programmes in their mother tongue while their grandchildren are glued to science fiction like Doctor Who.
    That's the greatness of the old generation. They always lived by the motto 'My problem is my problem' They shared their joys but never their sorrows.
    Sri

KrishnaPriya3 likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@HariLakhera
    Dear Hari
    That was a heartwarming response to my Rambling. Our grandparents belonged to a close-knit generation with least distractions that made them a legend. I wonder if my grandchildren will have such a lovely recollection of their grandparents as we do of ours. It's the life style to blame. I know grandparents who haven't seen their grandchildren for ages. These days, if it is day for the grandchild, it is night for grandparents. And the day never dawns for them. It is a pity that the galloping life style has robbed us of our cherished values.
    I wonder if our grandchildren will have such lovely and pleasant recalls
    Sri

HariLakhera likes this.