1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Margazhi Kolam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Jan 3, 2014.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends, how are you all?

During margazhi month, my MIL used to draw very big kolams. But this time, she was not here. Hence i tried to replace her place.

But so far, i tried small kolams only. Hence the task started.

First to select the kolam. I took print out from internet then i sat with my DS and DD to select the kolam.

When i select the kolam they will tell, this will not suit. If they select the kolam, i will say - to put the pulli for the kolam itself, will take one day. After so much of ifs and buts, we selected five kolams.

Then comes the main work - to practice the kolam. During office hours, while attending phone calls, my hands will automatically put the pullis.. then during lunch, i will finish my lunch fast and will go for kolam practice.

then when i gained confidence that i can put the kolam, i tried 15 times before that day and i selected one kolam. My DS selected the colour combo and i bought the colour podi for that.

With so much hesitation i started the kolam, but to my surprise the kolam came out well. But it took nearly 1/2 an hour to finish the kolam and to put the colour powder.

I took photo of the kolam with a pride and i insist that everybody should give FB abt the kolam and then only i will give them coffee. My DH told that the kolam is very nice. all appreciated the kolam. Though the kolam is small i liked it very much.

I sat in the entrance that everybody passing my house watches the kolam. Though somebody hurried without watching, some noticed the kolam. I was on top of the world.

On new year day, we went for a temple and we saw a hugeeeee kolam. My son asked "Amma, do you want to try this... I replied him, even watching the kolam will take 1 hour. when to try this"

andal

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Why don't you post your the pic. of your kolam?

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

happy to see ur comments. but how to attach the photos here in blogs!!!

andal