1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My love for my Cars.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Apr 21, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Strange isnt it!!!!. For a woman to lover the car, But yes i really love my car.

In india we were having SANTRO, in silver color. I used to clean my car on alternate days. It was like therapeutic for me. I used to clean, every nook and corner, near tyres, slowly, first cleaning with wet clothes, then with dry muslin cloth. I was observant enough that afterward no mark should be seen. I will slide my head this side, to that side, to see in lights angles, if there are any visible marks, all while having imaginary talk with my car, like it is a baby and i am giving bath to it.

The other drivers, and maids used to wonder, this lady is trying to save some 200 bucks and cleaning herself the car. Because no one in the complex used to do that. Some even dared to ask me "madam, aap kyon pochti ho"" . I used to tell them i enjoy, but i think they never understood it really.

I used to drive him more, since DH keep going out of town for office work, so he was my constant companion.

When we have to move here, we have to sell the car. Since keeping him like that without using , would have been like, doing more harm , than selling . I was really feeling soooo sad, that i dont wanted to part from him. My DH convinced me that selling will keep him in running condition. One solace was that we sold him to my DHs friend.

I remember my driving days with my beloved car, who never failed me, initially i was a new driver,he was like a new teacher guiding a new student, was patient with me, when i became a trained driver, he taught me the speed and controls.

Here now i am driving "Honda Accord" (like all desis:)). This is metallic grey color. Immediately i fell in love with him to. Due to severe winter, i have not yet cleaned him, but now since summer is starting, i will soon start my cleaning session with him.

Still now and then, when i am alone, i keep thinking of my old SANTRO.

Sometime i really wonder do this machines understand our feelings !!!!!!! i hope they will be :)

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Niceeee.... I love my car as well..my everyday car is Silver which I call my pony, it takes me places..lolzz and my love is parked in the garage...67 Alfa Rameo Spider...

Hugs
    OOPALL!

3. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Nice love for cars!!!!! I never liked travelling by car. After we came here initially it was tough for me, but when I started driving things changed. I totally fell in love with driving and the Odyssey I drive!!!!
    Especially the long distance drives are the best. I love the van for it is very spacious and sturdy. Even my kids identify it as "Amma's Van"... My dd ( 4yrs) told her teacher that her fav. means of transport is "Mommy's Van"!!!!!!!
    I personally feel knowing driving, is like having an extra pair of legs... what say!!!

Viji

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Radhika

You love for cars reminds me of my time I was forced to spend on our car back in time. The good old Ambassador! It was a dark brown and a Mark 4 or something....if that means anything. My dad used to work interstate and my mom/sis and myself lived separately. It was my sister's and my responsibility to clean the car regularly, keep the battery charged once in a while and start the car and leave it idle/ON for sometime, as none of us three actually knew how to drive a car (even now!). So that was the most we had to do and then when dad used to visit us during breaks, he would take it for a drive with all of us in it. I remember changing the car tyre once in my life. That was quite an experience. But the most sweetest memory of the car I have is how my sister and me had to push the big ambi to start it EVERYTIME! You know it is no joke to push the Ambi and we two skinny (I was skinny then) sisters used to put our soul and strength to it (Dum lagakey......Zor lagakey.......) and have called the names of all Gods possible when we set out on this starting routine :). Now we laugh at the incident. That was my physically challenged love affair with our old ambi.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Radhika
    Reading about your car you took me down the memory lanes for vehicle. My 1st vehicle was a bicycle which I use to use it while going to school, and would take care of her like a baby then came my college days where I use to drive TVS and later scooty. Dad had that time maruti 800 I was very crazy about driving any vehicle. So whenever the car use to be parked and dad gone out of the site i use to start the car and that way I slowly learnt it. later dad use to tell me clean the car and you can go for a round and come back I use to jump like a small kid with excitment.:)
    My 1st car of my own was festiva which I use to love it a lot and would take care of it like a kid...hehehe
    I myself use to change wheel when punture or something it was maroon colour. But always loved to drive others cars too especially DH's cars so have driven maazda 323, corolla, spark, esteem, BMW, camerey, verna, etc.... but after coming to this place dh never allows me to touch his car as here the driving is very bad people drive very harshly,.....
    so now when i go to India I always pounch on dad's car or bros.......:biglaugh:biglaugh
    I always have a passion for motor bikes which I have not driven still, and don't think now will be able to drive one:crazy:)

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radhika !
    That was an entertaining post about your love for cars. And let me give you a High Five for talking of the car as a HE ! So tired of all these macho types calling automobiles a SHE.
    Am not particularly attached to our cars. But, yes, I will say a big yes, to your thought :" Sometime i really wonder do this machines understand our feelings !!!!!!! i hope they will be [​IMG] "
    I am quite convinced that cars do understand our feelings ! Once, when the husband was on overseas deputation for 2 years, I got myself a Matiz and was its sole driver. We developed a very animate relationship like that of a horse and a rider ! "He" would respond like a darling to my driving, but would get into a funk if the visiting husband tried to drive it. My husband had no great opinion about that engine and always felt i should have bought a Santro. I suspect that my Matiz Darling knew this and that was why he acted funny with him ! I had to sell "him" off after the production closed down and servicing became a problem. I have never found another automobile soul mate after my Dear Matiz .

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,
    A wonderful write up !! So you have become sentimently attached to your car. I understand we human beings are
    emotional beings. Allour actions are transformed from thoughts only with the help of emotions. To that extent there are emotions attached with everything - an old, well-worn shirt, School/classmates, pets, politics, hobbies, childhood sweethearts, convictions, lifelong ambitions... Everything involves emotions, and without which life will be just a dry desert of lifeless actions, not worth living for.I think my problem with sentimental clutter is that sometimes it takes a lot of time before I can step back and figure out that the object doesn’t bring up the joy and good memories I once thought it did. Or it might take years for me to figure out that symbol of achievement twenty years ago mean nothing to me now as new milestones take their places. Meanwhile these objects get stuffed in a bag or a box for safekeeping, breeding in the dark. Then it becomes an overwhelming ordeal when I do get around to disposing of them.
    'Sometime i really wonder do this machines understand our feelings !!!!!!! i hope they will be :) "Your attachment to your car made you say this but what I feelispeople have problems enough understanding each others' emotions. If we have to deal with machines' too, it could all get very ugly.:)Sorry dear for my comment.
    with love
    pad

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

OOPs Pads... I feel the same here:hiya
    Dear Radhika,
    great to know your attachment with your car... I too loved my first vehicle.. then slowly the craze wore out with the subsequent ones....
    Its always great to take pride in taking care of all your possessions. That shows that you value them...
    K

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,

You refered to yr Santro as a " HE". :biglaughGood that u loved him, but u re not faithful , now that u have another HE in yur life , that is the Honda eh ! ARe u like Shashi Tharoor, who too married twice and now has a girlfriend ? Wow.

Well u talk to yr car eh ! i too do the same, and they never fail me.Even when they punture, they do so near a punture repair shop, if u love them they will love u too.

Great blog, fuill of love for the HE's in yr life.HAHA

REgards

kamal

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear oopall

thanks for the fb. glad to know, even you love your pony. yes our cars are our sole (soul) companion :)

have a gr8 day