My Long Weekend trip to PA & D.C with photos

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Cindhuja, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Like many we too planned for a trip in this long weekend – July 4<SUP>th</SUP>. Since the plan was made in the last minute we had no time to call the vista point administrative office nor check the timings. We just called them then and there before reaching the places. Still we enjoyed the trip a lot. I would like to share with you all the experience with few photos. Don’t miss to read & explore about my Amish experience.

Initially we had a plan of touring the Hershey factory and also visit our friend in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delaware</st1:place></st1:State>. My husband’s colleague came to our house on 2<SUP>rd</SUP> and he said he and his family also wanted to join with us if we had no problem. Watz the big deal, we said OK. Me, my husband, his friend, frenz wife & kid, so we were 5 altogether. And our trip plan was also changed a little bit.

We framed our plan like this….

• Hershey Factory
    • Outlets in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Lancaster</st1:City></st1:place>
    • <st1:placeName w:st="on">Amish</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">County</st1:placeType>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Lancaster</st1:City></st1:place>
    • Night stay in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Delaware</st1:State></st1:place>
    • Attractions in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Washington</st1:place></st1:State> D.C
    • Visiting King of <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Prusia Mall</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">PA</st1:State></st1:place>

So we were set right for the tour and by 9.30 we started from our home in NJ. The entire route from Nj to Hershey factory was an attractive scenic route. We took many pictures on our way to Hershey. The climate was more supportive and the mild fog added more beauty to the location.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

These are some photos taken on the way to PA.

Attached Files:

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hershey Factory:

Around 11.30 we reached Hershey Factory. There were many places of attraction in the Hershey campus. But we just planned to visit the factory tour alone. Since we had limited time, we were not able to cover the rest. Many praised about the theme park in Hershey but we were not interested much since we have been visiting many theme parks offlate. Moreover the kid too was not that big enough to enjoy all those.

We were there in the factory for nearly 2 hrs and we didn’t know how the time went on. But in a way we had a disappointment in the tour. By factory we thought we would be visiting the actual factory. But it was not the case, instead it was a model factory. They had the exact setup and machineries still all were just a model not the actual. Still what they had set up was really great. They explained very clearly the step by step process of making the chocolate.

Then we went for a quick shopping in the factory. Too many chocolates and souvenirs were on sale. I would not say those were great deals, still for a factor of good memories we can pick one or two of them.

We got an umbrella which was in the shape of the Kisses chocolate of Hershey for my husband’s niece and also some yummy cookies.

There were some outlets in Hershey, though we did not shop in them, we had our lunch in the rest area of the outlets. I took Veg. Briyani, Raita & she made Masala Paratha. Since the climate was pleasant we enjoyed eating there.

Once we were done with lunch we called the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lancaster</st1:place></st1:City> outlets and checked the timings. Since it was July 4<SUP>th</SUP> they were closing all the outlets by 5.00, so we had to rush to reach there.

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Photos taken on the way to Hershey Park

Attached Files:

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Photos in Hershey Park

Attached Files:

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Chocolate making process...

Attached Files:

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

This was taken in the Hershey township. Look at the light shades of the street lamps, they are similar to the famous Hershey Kisses chocolate design

Attached Files:

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Will continue narating the rest with photos very soon...Thanks..

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cindhuja,

Will read your travelogue in detail...but before that I rushed thru to see the pics...
    Thanx for sharing.....by the way, I was searching you in it...but:thumbsdown...Any luck for me in your coming photos that you may attach

Bye

10. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi Cinduja

Hope you had a great week end ...you had planned it well.......good pictures .......
    Regards
    Santasekar