1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My LO is so sensitive

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by connectgayathri, Jul 10, 2010.

1. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    my girl is 2.8 years old...she is so sensitive.when me and my hus are laughing ...by cracking jokes or seeing a movie.,she ll start crying...thinking that we r laughing at her.
    we r not able to talk with our friends also.........again she will start crying...
    If we have guest...then also the same issue.i feel so worried abt her.i have explained to her ..whenever we laugh...but results are not ok.
    I am sure..if she is so sensitive like this...then she cannot compete in this world..so i want to make her mentally strong.....but dont know how?
    Me and my Hus are so sensitive...
    I dont want her to be like us.....how can i change this character?
    pls help me....

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

I feel your LO cries because to draw attention. They like to be the centre of attention all the time.
    My son is 28 months now and he comes running and sits between us in the sofa. If we are talking, he tries to move my face to look at him.

Its all a passing phase. Just try to balance out the times when you give her the attention and tell her a NO saying mommy is talking right now, will get back to you in sometime. And do give her the attention after a little while. That way she will learn the difference and stop crying to get your attention

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

your LO will understand what you are trying to say if she is in the other end.. have you tried doing a role play.. like when you and DD laugh while playing, ask your DH to pretend to cry in front of you both suddenly.. saying mommy and daughter are making fun of daddy.. you tell to your DH in front of your DD that 'hey we are playing and laughed for this n that... common, we are not laughing at you..' tell DD to console daddy saying 'dont cry daddy.. we are only playing.. if you cry, you will be called a cry baby..' even if she cant say it on her own.. you say it to her and let her repeat. repeating this a few times will make her get the feel of it.

4. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Hey I second AD's idea, best way to make them realize. I've done this with DD for several things like pretending to cry while washing hair, wake up time etc, etc.......and it worked wonders....
    All the best, this is just a stage!

Uma