My Little Angel's Birth story

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by ssubhasr, Aug 22, 2008.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

At last I got time to write Computer Typing about my little angel's birth story in IL. Hope its not too late...:)

On Sunday 13th July at 5.30 p.m was looking into amazon.com for some digital frame deal. And at last I found a one & ordered 5.7" digital frame. My husband asked me to get ready for shopping (just a normal weekend shopping - grocery & vegetable). So I closed my laptop.... when I got up from the sofa to go to bathroom, I felt as if am passing some fluid. Immediately I rushed in to bathroom. The time was 6 p.m then. I checked in the bathroom and I was correct that I was passing fluid and also some 2/3 drops of bleeding ! I came out and informed my hubby and MIL. My MIL told it might be my water....:hide: , but she was was not sure. But I was not having any pain. So I told that it may not be my water and we can start for the shopping. But still my husband was not convinced and called the doctor. The Doctor told us that it might be because of the internal examination which I had 2 days before which caused the bleeding. Now my husband was somewhat convinced and we all got ready for the shopping.

We started from home by 6.15 p.m for shopping and after 45 mins of shopping while coming back to home, we decided to go for a walk in a park. I was still passing fluid. But it was just leaking and was not gushing out. After 30 mins of walk we decided to go home as i felt so uncomfortable. After reaching home I started getting some contractions. But it was very very mild. I started to monitor the duration and interval of the pain. I monitored for 1 hr. i.e. from 7.45 to 8.45 p.m. I was getting contractions from 2-3 minutes apart. In the mean time I had my dinner at 8.30 p.m. Again I called the doctor and explained the situation. Now the doctor asked me to go to the hospital immediately. You dont believe that I was very happy the moment the doctor asked me to go hospital... :) As we had already packed everything for the hospital, we started immediately. Before that we called my parents, my FIL and one of our neighbors and informed them that I got pain and starting to hospital.

We entered the emergency at 9.45 p.m and informed that I had been asked to come to the hospital for the delivery. The receptionist informed the concerned department and one lady came with a wheel chair. I told her that I dont want a wheel chair and I can walk myself. She asked me whether my water broke ? I said I dont know.... and walked to the maternity ward.

The mid wife checked me and told that my water broke....I got so nervous. Because I heard if the water breaks normally its not advisable to wait for normal delivery and should go for C-section. The mid wife said I was only 1cm dilated. As my water broke, they admitted me in the hospital. (Normally they wont admit if its just 1cm dilation). I was given a room. They started monitoring my contractions, BP and fetal heart beat. The time was 10.30 p.m. I started reading some slokas. They gave an extra bed for my MIL also. My contractions just increased a little bit. The whole night it was like that. At the same time my water was leaking drop by drop. The whole night I didn’t sleep. On Monday 14th July at 7.15 a.m, the doctor came in and checked. I was still 1cm dilated. :-( I was so worried. The doctor told us, now no other way we need to induce the pain. They started inducing the pain at 8 a.m through I.V. along with the glucose. I was slowly getting pain. It was very high after 2 hrs. (The doctor already told me that if they induce the pain, the pain will be so high rather than the normal one). At 10.45 a.m the pain was so high and the mid wife checked me and told the I was just 2.5 cm dilated. They asked me whether I want to take the epidural. As I had already decided to take the epiduaral, I said yes and started arrangements to give epidural to me. At 11.15 a.m I was given the epidural. OMG, I should say taking epidural is so painful for me. (At the time of pushing only I realised that this pain is not a pain at all when compared to the labour pain).

I had a nap after taking epidural for 2 hrs. The mid wife again checked me at 2 p.m and told i was 5 cm dilated. Again at 4 p.m she checked me and told i was 9 cm dilated. And asked me if am ready to push. And i decided to push and I started pushing at 4.15 p.m. You dont believe the epidural stopped working exactly when i started pushing at 4.15 p.m. The pain was very very high and I was unable to bear. But thanks to epidural. Only because of epidural I was having so much energy to push the baby out. I should say I was able to push with so much energy not only because of epidural but because of my hubby...He was very very supportive at that time. He encouraged me like anything...I should say only he was my strength :) They gave me 3 hrs. time push the baby out. But i took 1.5 hrs. Sharp my 5.45 p.m the baby’s head came out. (yeah, I too had episiotomy...but only 2/3 stiches) As soon as I saw my little one I was so happy. And when I came to know that its a baby girl, my happiness got doubled :) I forgot all my pain when I heard her first cry :) My eyes were filled with joy and not tears....

My water broke at 5.45 p.m on 13th July and (after 24 hrs.)Baby Sahana born on 14th July at 5.45 p.m. By God’s Grace I had a normal vaginal delivery even after my water broke...Thanks to the doctor, mid wife who were very very kind at the time of delivery....

ALL THE BEST to future moms :)

2. TrueLove

TrueLove New IL'ite

Hi ssubhasr,

Hearty congratulations on your daughter's birth. Is it your first baby? They say that only blessed people get baby girl as their first child.. Congrats!!! :p

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear subha,

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Everybody tells me that in first pregnancy it is difficult to identify anything and your case that was true,u could not identify water breaking :crazy
    Even for me first time my baby kicked i screamed and thought something is happening to the baby.bonk

Anyways alls well that ends well and happy to note that it was a normal delivery.Take care of the baby and your health as well.

suji

4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

My greetings to you Subha, finally your little angel has arrived and hope you forgot all those pains you felt after seeing cuteee..!

Enjoy your motherhood and my :kiss to Sahana (lovely name)

5. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Subha .my luv to sahana.do take care of urself n enjoy the motherhood.

raji

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Yeah! this is our first baby....Thank you very much for the wishes..... :) Bow

7. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Very touching story! Congrats!

I wanted to ask you...

so they let both your husband and mil to stay overnight with you in the same room? How about meals? Did you bring for yourselves?

Also, when did they discharge you, like after a day or 2?

Thanks
    RK

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

That is a happy ending story.

Congratulations.

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Very touching story! Congrats!

thank you :)
    You know Sahana is now almost 2 years....time will run very fast once the baby is born :)

I wanted to ask you...
    so they let both your husband and mil to stay overnight with you in the same room?
    Yeah !

How about meals?
    The hospital did provide food only for me...that too some sandwich etc...

Did you bring for yourselves?
    but i wanted to have something tasty. so my mil prepared garlic &pepper rasam & snake guard vegetable.....

Also, when did they discharge you, like after a day or 2?A
    3 nights from the day u got admitted...

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

thank you very much :) am very glad to see that ILs are still reading my story :) :):cheers
    its been 2 years now ....!!!!