1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My Life - Healthy life

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by vijayanagrani, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayanagrani

vijayanagrani New IL'ite

When I was a kid I arranged a big ceremony. My Dolls wedding party..I invited all my friends to join the party. We all friends decided on the menu.
    1) peanuts mixed with jiggery laddus.
    2) kurkure means puffed rice
    3) few bananas
    4) lime juice sweet sharabat.
    This was my first introduction to cooking and serving.

The years passed when I learned to make jam chapatti roll, veg –roti rolls by myself and put in the lunch box for school . Off course the chapatti and veg is made by my mother ,But the wrapping is made by me. An apple is must for me in my school bag. I used to eat this for so many years. My mother always praised me for my healthy food habits.
    TO get up early in the morning, have a cup of milk, then start studies, finish homework, get bath and get ready for school. Eating all the food happily given by my Mom. Ours is pure vegetarian food eating family.Dal rice any fresh green vegetable salad roti curd or fresh lassi is our daily food. I was in 10th standard I drank Tea first time in my life at my friends house. I liked it
    .It was my first introduction to so called unheaithy food.
    Now I learned to make my own tea .My mom scolded me for few days but finally
    She gave up. In college I completed my science graduation enjoying with it so called non healthy Food like Bhel, Batatawada, Chinese food, soft drinks, Burgers, Pizzas, Birthday parties in Hotels. I enjoyed my college life because of this new food style. I still remember all those days eating on the corners of road in my college life and still I
    Miss it.
    One day I saw my mama to speak on phone “My daughter does not know how to cook
    Non –vegetarian food. We are pure vegetarians. We will never serve you non- veg in
    Our house. O.K. no problem my in laws said.
    My marriage was fixed. I mom told me I am sure you will adjust in that family.
    My in laws never forced me to eat non vegetarian food or to cook it.
    Now I realised that it is my duty to introduce veg food to them in a very healthy way.
    It was my first day agenda to cook very good healthy food for them.
    I tried it for years slowly I got success.
    I did many tricks, many magic combinations, new creations, new varieties.
    Few times I failed, but most of the time I got the success.
    Here are some lessons which helped me a lot, which I wanted to share with all of you.
    HUMAN BODY
    Human body is made up of bone skeleton, hard tissues, covered by muscles, soft body organs, soft tissues covered with skin, and blood flowing through it and air flowing through it. Energy is the fuel of the body .
    We require the food which gives energy to our body, and also gives strength to all body cells and tissues to keep it healthy.
    1) food is the substance which gives energy and strength and built up all tissues in the body.
    2) Humans get food for them from plants and animals.
    3) We get vegetables, fruits, nuts, seed oils, grains, pulses, cereals from plants.
    4) We get milk, meat, poultry products, eggs, from animals.
    5) Calorie is the unit in which we count the energy that our body uses to keep our body going.
    6) Food contains proteins, carbohydrates, minerals’ salts vitamins. Fats, water
    Which are required daily in every meal in little portions by our body.
    PROTIENS : They give strength and energy to our muscles to make movements and power to lift weight. They are present in grains, pulses, milk, meat, fish,beans,dairy products
    CARBOHYDRAT:; They are just like fuel to body, major source providing energy to our body, present in rice, potatoes, whole grains, sweet potato.
    MINERALS AND VITAMINS :They give stregth to bones, and hard tissues, and blood, and brain, and are present in all food, fruits, vegetables, in small quanties.
    LIPIDS,FATS,OILS : They are required by joints, and organs as a cushion, for smooth movement. They are required in very small quantities, present in nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and milk.
    WATER: It keeps the blood flowing. It act as a carrier belt in our body.Keeps our body moist.
    7) Food allergy is a abnormal response to a food triggered by the bodies immune
    System.
    8) Fats serve us a cushion around organs. They keep the joints, and organs, movements soft and smooth.
    9) THERE IS NO SINGLE COMPLETE HEALTHY FOOD THAT PROVIDES
    ALL THE FOOD NUTRIENTS WE NEED.
    10) If we eat only one type of food, or unhealthy food, it will increase risk of heart attack, High blood pressure, Diabaties, strokes, Obesity, Gall blader stones, Kideny stones, ets.
    Nature has given us everything in abundance.
    Nature has given the choice to choose the food for us. If we choose our food in right way we will always remain fit and healthy
    But the real problem starts here. Every food has its own taste, colour, odour, texture.
    People run after the taste of the food every time. They don’t eat all types of food because they don’t like the taste.
    WE HAVE TO EAT EVERY THING IN SMALL PORTIONS IN EVERY MEAL DAILY.
    I plan my diet menu daily for every meal wisely, so that it looks good , tastes good, but still include all the food nutrients.
    I have two daughter in laws with me, still I love to cook food for my near and dear ones,searve them lovingly, in a peaceful,humerous manner.
    YES I DID THIS. STILL I AM DOING THIS. I AM PROUD TO SAY MY FAMILY IS HEALTHY FAMILY.
    THE HEALTHY FOOD IS MY WAY OF LIFE.

vijaya

2 people like this.

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vijaya
    Interesting information... Yes Healthy life style starts with healthy food and exercises...Thanks For sharing ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.