1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My latest affliction....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sujathaumakanth, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suria,

Tell me atleast you sympathise with my condition :)) I am gonna stay cooped up within the four walls the next two days or else I might spend more.......haha. Yes, planning to have a quiet weekend. You have a good one too.

Cheers,
    Sujatha

2. sujathaumakanth

Dear Sri Uncle,

Now that you have mentioned jaws, I can't help thinking of Anna's :)) especially the way his jaws slacken first and then goes agape especially seeing the long list of expenses all in her highness name. Then of course the jaws grit.......sigh sigh, the men never understand the allure of sales !!!

That was real funny - your lines about the fridge with the free spoons, remember when we bought mummy an expensive TV than the one she wanted - she did not have the smile that we expected her to have. Finally we found out she missed out on the free roti-maker that came with the TV she wanted originally :))

Oops uncle, did I let you down by my Achilles heel.......but you are right, I am way beyond redemption, right now :))

Thanks for your wonderful feedback as always,
    Suja :)

3. sujathaumakanth

Tell me dearie, wont my posts wither and shrivel away in deprivation if they don't hear from their beloved Knots :) However, having said that, apologies dear, wrote this post mainly for IL, which is why it appeared here rightaway !!!

Horsham is so tiny and has just a few shops.......and looks like I have covered all of them :)) I went and bought more stuff today, incorrigible right !!! And you know what Shree, this new place has got a corporate uniform in place, so which means I am not gonna really use all this stuff.........hopefully I get to wear them atleast for the board, gonna freak out if I dont have a place to wear all this stuff.....LOL :)

Yep the new photo was taken yesterday, madhu took that shot :)

4. sujathaumakanth

Ha Monifa, if only I could follow your advice, my dear husband would be grateful to you :)) Though he was the one who kicked me out of the house and told me to go and shop to get myself out of my blues !!! He's sweet.......

Though I am gonna take the credit card advice seriously :))

Cheers,
    Sujatha

5. sujathaumakanth

Dear Mindi,

How glad I am to see a sale afflicted fellow soul like me, seeing that dear Knots and Meena have joined the Dark Forces with Sri Uncle being their Jedi :)) You are right if I were to live in Singapore or Malaysia, Anna will have to forget about holding hands but instead chain me to the four walls lest I never come back home !!! Yep I fully succumb to the lure of the sales.......the siren call too strong for me to resist, hope Sri Uncle does not read these lines and get further disappointed by us :))

Hugs,
    Suja

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suja,

Not only do we share a name, we seem to share much more!

Birds of a feather Suja, but then, I am older and probably wiser! I have promoted and mastered in the art of handling my illness. Gone are the days that I rushed to the malls during the sale times. Reasons can be those that Mindi mentioned. Sales today are all over and all the time. So, I have developed a strong sense of when and where to go once inside the mall. As every store has a clearance nook, I make a beeline straight to it and you cannot but wonder at my twinkling eyes after I have collected cartloads of goodies, all for a bargain price. Oh, the sweet satisfaction...what...what did you say? I am afflicted and addicted?? Who says so, I am 'saving' loads of pennies...remember, I bought them all at a fraction of its original price and what with the coupons and deals and extra percentage off....Am I rambling? Well, it is about shopping after all.....:)

Great post once again Suja and I borrow from Meena, snippet off my friend.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  7. sujathaumakanth

Dear Kamla,

I am filled with so much glee (LOL trying to imitate a really evil grin here :)) in knowing that I have one more person to support me with this addiction of mine !!! I do usually try to convince my hubby that I am saving pennies in going to the sales, but he does not easily buy it especially when he says I can save more by staying away :)) The other day, I got a formal suit jacket reduced considerably......I was literally drooling when I saw it and was giving myself a wonderful pat on my back for spotting it........till I realised I dont really need another jacket, seeing that my latest company provides corporate uniforms!!! Er....having said this, ( a very sheepish grin here) I did go ahead and buy it :))

Thanks dear for your wonderful support for every single post of mine !!! I am still waiting for Aruna's FB to find out which side she supports........haha, I am following the oldest rule here....... to know a woman all you have to do is go shopping with her :))

Hugs,
    Suja