1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My last wish

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji
    Why the sudden gloom ? Death will come when it has to, why think of it when we are still alive :mrgreen: !

Just this morning I was reading in Times Of India a nice coloumn about death. I liked two lines in it very much :

1. Death is part of the renewal process of the Universe, so there's no need to dread it"

2. " We are not Human Beings having spiritual experiences, we are Spiritual Beings having a Human Experience "

I have seen older people often discussing plans for their final exit and making arrangements for their survivors . Women especially want to die as suhagans but also worry about who will care for the husbands after they are gone. Providence that brought a life to earth would also have made all necessary plans for the twilight years too, isn't it ?
    Once, an upanyasak said "Nothing is permanent and nobody is indispensable". I have realised how true that is, even if it sounds blunt or rude. Nothing is in our hands, except maybe life insurance policies. So better not to dwell on what would be, but concentrate on what is and live every minute in joy and gratitude.

Looking forward to years of lovely snippets and blogs from you, Viji !:thumbsup

2. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijima,

So you are thinking about setting off for the eternal journey aah??? I wanted to let you know only one thing which my GGGrandpa told me about death. it goes like this

We are all in the orbit of life.
    we will join the gravity one day
    just the change in the orbit's path.

Few stars are seen with naked eyes like you
    Few stars need telescope to be viewed (like us)
    but believe we are all SUPER STARS ...

So Vijima when there is a make shift in the path please believe that we are all following next to you ....
    But onething you can do ... make a straight application to God to make a special line for ILs ... atleast then we can all chat in person. What do you think?

Are you afraid of inviting all ILs for the 80th Bday? we dont need personal invite ma just post it in IL we will attend. ok!

Vijima its easy to say but very difficult to do but remember believing is vital.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji Mama!

Why this thread from a bubbly aunty.

Birth and death are not in our hands and both have to be accepted on their arrival.
    Birth can be expected with joy and anxiety while there is no reason to expect death. It will come as per turn and as per HIS WISH. Death is rarely expected only when some one is ailing for ages.

So please stop even the mere thought of it. Expect and await the Sadhabishekam Celebrations with Mama and ur dear kith and kin.

And last but not the least, don't forget the Villin Mahimai - Nats has very aptly thrown light on that issue to those who are not aware and reminded about it to those who are aware.

No excuses saying children are not money minded but want only love and affection. Let them not be money minded but let them not be given the burden of sorting out will related issues later on. Neruppu endru solavathaal vaai sudaathu. OK?

I am much junior to u. Hope u take this in the right spirit and don't think otherwise of me.

Enjoy ur days and spread the joy to us through cyberspace.

Bi.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu

Such loving words. I am so happy. But what to do whatever runs in my mind I put it in writing and share with you all. Cantkeep anything secret.

Thanks for your good wishes. I just want a healthy and peaceful life.

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

Ya I know how parting is as I have also gone through that. I agree with these lines of yours. I dont want to live 100 years but want to live for some more time because of the love shown by everyone here.

love
    viji

Lets expect our last journey but not with preparation....but with satisfaction.

Chance will come for our meeting..Lets wait till.For that you have to live little long na.SO If my wishing brings you many years to live,let me wish you 100 years.[​IMG][/quote]

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

So nice of you tothink of me highly, thank you for your good wishes.
    I wish for a healthy and peaceful life. Thanks for being with me dear

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji
    Sometimes things like this come to mind and I share it with you all. Thanks for your good wishes. I will surely share with you all the 80th Birthday celebrations.

love
    viji

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  8. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Dear Vijima
    Why such a thought?
    May u live a long happy and healthy life.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

I am thrilled to see you here and thanks a lot for coming here. I feel as if my brother is advising me. From today I will call you as my brother as you are so affectionate like a brother, can I Cheeniya Sir.

Thank you for all the good things you have conveyed. I learn so much from your ramblings and also from your fbs. But I cant resist from sharing my feelings with all of you here as I cant keep anything in my heart. Sometimes I go on pouring my feelings otherwise my heart will burst keeping it in my heart.

Ya till I live I will be boring you all with my posts.

Regards my dear brother
    viji

10. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    Why all of a sudden this kind of a thread from you??? really suprising. :-o:-o
    Nothing is in our hand everything is HIS wish. I pray for you and your husband long life. Waiting for the 80th birthday invitation:)
    Meenakshi