1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My kids stool is black in color - what could be the reasons?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by smitharajeev, Apr 6, 2008.

1. smitharajeev

smitharajeev New IL'ite

hi friends..
    my kid is 2yr and 3 mnths..she is a very bad eater.she loves to have milk but dont take any veggies..likes fish..so if i give her fish she'll have some rice for lunch..owise no way..she'll have a glass of milk & a small khela for her breakfast..thn i use to give her"navdhanyam".or raggi(that too in bottle..).im very much worried abt this bad eating habits..so frm day b4 yesday i started giving her carrot juice mixed wth her milk..and when i make porridge (raggi..)i make some veg soup and mix it with this..its okay with her..she is having this things wthout hesistation.but frm yesday i noticed colour change in her stool..its lmost black incolour..is thi coz of carrot juice..?is it okay to do like this..??is there any way to make her eat food pply..plz give me some advises regrding this...

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Re: plz chk this...

hi smitha

i think the colour of the stool is due to ragi..just keep a watch and if 2 or 3 days it continue its time to check with a ped..

lov
    sowmi

3. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

Don't worry she will be alright. Try different giving different kind of fruits chopping. Dal with spinach & rice & ghee. etc Chapathi with subji not hot mild etc Usually kids 15 tgo 20 days to get use to food. They love variety. Try different kind of foods.

take care

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Stool gets black color due to iron contents.I think ragi must be the culprit.Try to stop it and check the stool.