1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my kid who started talking late has mild autism spectrum disorder

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by dharshiniusa, Aug 25, 2012.

1. vidhurba

vidhurba Junior IL'ite

definitely I will share his success story he is in 11 grade now all subjects he has taken ap which is accelerated program classes,his teachers say if all the kids are like him there jobs will be so easy ,in 10 std in icse school syllabus he got 90/

2. shiny2702

shiny2702 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Sharing my Experince, first and foremost accepting your kid has issues is a great thing your are doing for your kids, i feel guilty about myself in taking my kid to the doctor and dealing for 6 months. i had concerns since my son was 20 months but so many of them told that boys will talk late and they are stubborn, but my instincts were so strong there was something wrong with my son and accepted he had issues and took him to a psychiatrist and she told he will fall in Spectrum. The day he was diagonsed was a really a bad day but we boucned back soon and did evrthing to provide him the therapy he needed, they suggested 20 hrs of one on one therapy as he was 21/2 yrs. Early intervention is the key to success of improvment in kids ages 2,3,4 as they brain will observe like sponge. we enrolled our son in a program play basedd theapy with intense 25 hrs a week and 1 hr of OT and 1 Hr of speech. With in a month he went from 10 words to 200 words and talking in 2-3 word sentences.

Diet also played a vital role, i kept my kid on Gluten free, Dairy free and Casine free diet, and the results are amazing, he had less tantrums he is sleeping thru the nights and has less bowl movements a day. Its been six months since the therapy and he made a wonderful progress.

The reason i am sharing my experience is to let other mother's know who are having issues accpeting there kid has a problem, the more delay you do you are wasting the time and this time is very very important as their learn alot at this age and giving them directions at early age has success rates.

If your kid is 2,3,4 yrs and diagnosed with ASD, 20-30 hrs of one -on -one therapy will be the best and you have to fight with insurance and reginal service center for the services, 2 hrs of therpay a week doesnot show any improvement when compared to 20-30 hrs of one-on-one ABA with the kid, if he is mild,moderate or severe these many hrs are essential for the recovery.

I request all the parents to try researching more about Autism, ABA.

Would like to express alot of my feeling here, please drop a msg i ll be happy to reply and help you what i have learned.

" My kid is not normal just like other kids, but he is SPECIAL".... that the attitude i m carrying with me...

Thanks...

rajni2015, Rakhii, pumpkin01 and 7 others like this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiny,

Thanks for sharing your experience here. Am glad you took step at right time for your son. Each kid is special in their own ways :) am sure your post will help many parents here

Hugs to your son.

4. udhay

udhay New IL'ite

hello ILs..thank you so much for ur moral support..last mont i went 2 my pead for nishidh's chech ups..all his milestones were well performed,he is now walking with out support..every thing is normal..thank you sooo much..

5. Anitt

Anitt New IL'ite

Hi shiny,
    Recently my kid is detected for autism.Feeling really depressed.Looking to find a way for treatment.Just thought of asking u....how is ur kid doing now?
    We are presently in USA.As u said these 1:1 training is going to cost more.Don't have that much money to spend..so thinking whether it go India or stay here and search for any other service...if u don't mind can u share ur personal id...like to have contact with u ...thxx

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. gparo

gparo New IL'ite

Hi Anitt, how is your little one doing now? You can enroll your kid in early education service in US if you havent done so.

7. rajni2015

rajni2015 New IL'ite

Hi Shiny, I know this is a very old post but if you are still active on this forum, I would love to get in touch with you to learn more. Look forward to your DM.