My Journey with Endometriosis

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AnishaR, Jul 8, 2009.

1. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear sundarusha,

Thanks dear for your prayers and wishes. I appreciate it. I'm also hoping for the best.

Take Care and Regards,
    Anisha

2. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Thanks for your post. Your name reminds me of the person who gave me my life :)

Also thanks for your prayers and wishes. I’m also hoping for the best.

It is really a sorry state of affairs as you mentioned. Doesn't it surprise people to know why doctors couldn't figure out? Well the biggest drawback of Endo is that unlike pcos or just cysts or fibroids it's never visible in a sonogram. It only takes a Laparoscopy to find out about Endo. And the other reason is that not many doctors know a lot about Endo in India and here in the U.S as you would be well aware doctors really don’t pay attention to us when we say we are trying to conceive etc cos according to them we Indians try for a baby when we are too young so they ignore us and say “Oh well keep trying for a year and then come back to me”. Also so many times when I have gone to the ER during my periods and unbearable pain they would only give me high dosage of painkillers and say it's pretty common to have cramps. It was indeed really sad cos early diagnosis could have helped me but it was also partly my fault as I was unaware of Endo else I would have requested for an Laparoscopy way back.

I was sad to read some of my fellow IL-ites experiences. I sincerely wish the best for everyone.

Take Care and Regards,
    Anisha

3. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Anisha,
    Congratulation for winning the finest post of the month.
    Only after seeing the winner of the Finest post contest, I happened to see this post. Usually i wont step into this forum. Today only entered here to check out your post. While reading your post, (especially the symptoms) Oh my God, In the midway itself i felt i'm totally fainted. And i'm so frightened to scroll down to read the rest....... The reason is I too undergone the problem with lots of difference... I've posted it in gyaneacology forum as "name the problem please". Just go through it once and let me know your feedback..... But one thing is common to both of us :)..... I too 've severe pain on the first day...Horrible..:drowning As i dont take any painkiller ( depends only on fenugreek) I'll spend my day in sleeping. If I cant bear the pain, i'll faint.. In my last check up I told to my gyanec, I've pain even before and after mensuration.. she gave me a tablet for periods pain..... Now I'm little bit tensed... lets wait and see. But still every month, I'm on track.

4. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear shel_28,

My hugs to you dear. I did read the complete thread. Please don't assume that you might have something like mine. But if the pain is still persistent then I would suggest to you to ask your doctor to do a sonogram first. They can view the ovaries again to check if you have cysts.

The problem in India is unless we request before marriage most doctors refuse to do a Vaginal Sonogram. But I would highly recommend you to do that and then ask them to analyze the problem and prescribe the right medications. If the pain is unbearable even after taking the medications say for the next 4 to 5 months then I would suggest be adamant and force them to do a Laparoscopy to know what exactly is wrong.

Since you live in Chennai. I highly recommend you to go to Dr.Gita Arjun or any other doctors in E.V Kalyani Nursing Home, Dr.Radhkrishnan Salai, Mylapore. She and her group of doctors are very good. Another very good doctor is Dr.Uma Ram of Seethapathy Hospital. She is Dr.Gita's co sister and used to work in E.V.Kalyani earlier but only for the past 3 or 4 years is practicing separately. I sincerely hope everything is ok with you dear.My sincere prayers and best wishes to you. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you. Take Care.

Luv and Regards,
    Anisha

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Anisha,
    Its nice to see your immediate reply.
    Actually when i read the post, it sounds like the same problem with little difference What i had undergone. And my problem aroused due to severe depression.. And that is the true cause of my problem. And My Gyanec Dr. Vasundra is a very good person. When she enquired about it, i didnt open my mouth. But she understood it very well. she took great care like a mom.
    My first Test is sonogram only..Yeah I've a small cysts of 2cm on my left ovary.. I dont find any difficulty with that.... But then to I was asked to report to her after 6 months.
    Now everything is going smoothly.......

6. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Anisha,
    I am so sorry to hear about your problems. Will add you to my prayers. thank you so much on raising awareness in IL . I hadnt heard about it earlier. I am so sad that so many of our Il's are suffering from this. Prayers for all of you to get through this and soon hold bundles of joy in your hands.
    We dont realise how lucky we are until we have problems with our periods, complaining about simple cramps!
    Thanks for your post being picke d i got to read this post. Congrats on winning,

Dear Shanthi,
    So sorry to hear about all your sufferings dear. You are such a bubbly enthusiastic person caring about all of us here in IL, i couldnt imagine you had to go through so much. cheers to you.. and prayers to god to give you the best health for the rest of your life.

Aparna

7. bindaas

bindaas New IL'ite

Infertility

Hi!!

I have married for past 3year.We are trying for baby from last 3years only.But not geeting pregnant.We have concerned the gyanec here,and he did my laproscopy surgery too.During my surgery he cleared my mild endomerotis,But unluckly one endometriosis is left on delicate part ie on the utrein line,so the doctor told me that he will put me on menopause condition for three months and then i will go the pregnancy?Both we r confused what decision i will take.Decision 1)Can i take clomid drug for conception,which will have disadvantage too,that my endometriosis will grom more and utrein line become thin?
    Decision2)Can i go for three month gaps?So that my endometriosis will not grow and after that i will go for pregnancy?Please help me which decision is suitable for me?We did pitradosh puja also?shakehead:cry: My hubby is very much close to his sister children..So feel jealous why should i am not able to give child to my hubby?

8. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear shel_28,

I'm very glad to know that your doing better now. Don't worry too much. Stay happy and cheerful. My best wishes to you. Keep in touch.

Luv and Regards,
    Anisha

9. AnishaR

AnishaR Senior IL'ite

Dear Aparna,

Thanks for your prayers and wishes. I was kind of surprised too when I came to know that many here at IL are having similar issues. I sincerely hope and wish the best for them too.

Take Care and Regards,
    Anisha

10. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Anisha
    Thanks for sharing not just the facts , but your own story.
    Many a times we do take life for granted, reading your write up made me think of all
    the good things God gives us , which we forget to thank for.
    Best of luck.