1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My In laws!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sirisha@Veda, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sirisha
    That was a nice tribute to your MIL it is so nice to know your relationship with your MIL.
    Let her soul rest in peace.
    You are lucky dear.

2. Sirisha@Veda

Sirisha@Veda New IL'ite

Thank you everyone......:)

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Nice.. :)

Brought a smile as I read. Thankfully there is someone else too who got lucky in In-laws department. I used to feel, am I the only odd one who loves her ILs like her parents. Nice to know there is still some sanity left in general.

I always think whenever people discount other's luck as , "You MIL is nice, so you are lucky one." I do think that any relation is two way street and it takes both parties to give up something to gain some warmth. As I see, you did your part lovingly too . Like staying with her for two month right after marriage, most gals would cringe with that proposition. And I dont know how many would even think of takign few leaves for MIL's sickness , leave apart taking few months off. So yours was a mutual fulfilling relation. It indeed takes two to tango.

I wish more people get this fragile new bond to experience with their elderly relations. Elder people like mines of wealth in terms of experience, practical wisdom and resilience. But only few take the progressive approach to shed their age-old conventional expectations from a DIL and try to be genuinely friendly. If every MIL was like yours, so many sad stories would not exist.

Ria

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  4. Sirisha@Veda

Sirisha@Veda New IL'ite

Very true Ria....I fail to understand why some in laws don't treat their daughter and DIL in the same way. With false ego and insecurity many in laws end up creating hell for DILs.

I dont know why the MIL-DIL or SIL relation becomes a failure sometimes. As you say its takes two to tango.

I know very few stories where a healthy and friendly relation exists between MIL and DIL. Have always seen MIL and DIL fighting bitterly with each other or having a sort of cold war between them. Our neighbor in chennai is an example for this. MIL complains about DIL to the servant maid and DIL keeps shouting at MIL. Life becomes hell on weekends when DIL is at home.

I have been very lucky in this case. I got a very good MIL and by helping her I was just reciprocating to the affection, love and respect she gave me.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  5. anupamaks

anupamaks New IL'ite

Hi Sirisha,
    I cried after reading ur sensational thread. It feels so nice to have such a mother-in-law in our lives. Not everyone are so lucky, and many times the frequencies doesn't match or ego clashes often in the relationship. Wish she lived longer. May her soul rest in peace. Its true that good pl leave us soon :(