My IL experience!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Navpreet, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear navpreeth,

that was nice....me too stumbled into this site while searching for something else and oh boy am i glad...the best thing is the variety of topics being discussed ....and even for a person like me with so much time i have not yet gone thru all the subsections...and yes i love being here...ladies are so helpful..most of the time u get a response immediately...and now i have so many FRIENDS. here...its fun...

Mindi

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends! I had already posted sometime back, as to how I happened to join this forum (family)!Tanjore paintings to 'soft idlis in winter' and then it went on and on...:crazy..one thing leading to another...falling madly in love with a site, and imagine that happening at a ripe age of ...let's say ..fifty's..for now!Big Laugh...Is it Providence..that I happened to see this thread to day? Because, only last night , was thinking how this wonderful site has changed my life!
    I am not that computer savvy at all, and You will all be surprised to know that I had been a member of an art site for the past 3 years, but never posted or participated in any forum ...till I joined IL..i.e. April, 2008!!bonkI was simply a 'lurking' member there.know why? I had been an introvert,and having lost so many years in pursuinging my passion , was overawed by everything happening around me.....I didn't have a clue as to what a post was, or a thread was for that matter.......'Soft idlis in winter' changed everything!I got replies to all the dumb questions of a typical beginner...and to my other posts ..immediately ..mind you.from Induslady, Sunkan, Krishnamma...jithiks to name a few, to a lot of IL'ites whose name I don't remember now...Thanks everybody there.I now know that I can rely on someone, from smart young gals.:kiss... to wise old pattis....Bow ... ..(throw in a few smart guys and wise old thathas too!!!!!!!!)I am a patti myself but not as knowledgeable as a few here.Remember, I told you all that I had been an introvert?:hide:

To continue with my experience with IL, I became an addict,... the inevitable followed.Every time I opened the computer, I will check my mails to see whether I recd. any mails and then on to IL.I was struck, you can say, by the warmth, concern for somebody , a total stranger...the readiness with which friends here reaching out ... in turn bringing appreciation...and the list is endless.....It opened up the real 'me'.I suddenly starting participating more on the art website too and it opened another world I can indulge, being my passion.

A big :clap......and :thankyou2:..all ..keep up your good work ladies.:2thumbsup:and finally ...:wave, for now.Thanks souparnika for giving this opportunity and for krishnamma for discovering this thread !

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kaluputti,

( can you share your user name's secret?:hide:) Good to see your post. You are always welcome. BowI am waiting for Navpreet's reply:coffeeshe is the one who started this thread and mubeen, who told me about this thread. so waiting for their reply.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Navpreet, nice to read your experience with IL..

Krishnamma, you are really great! You have bought back one member for IL without knowingly. Your reply has made her to check back into our site and now she is with 130 posts.. :biggrin2:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  5. kaluputti

hello there krishnamma,
    sorry for the little 'goof up' about the names...very kind of you.I had already given my real name in a previous post..'the reason for the nickname' or something like that...anyway...it is Gowri.You know I just love my name.Being born on a Shivarathri day, I was named by my Gran'mom.

6. kaluputti

Thank you Navpreet, and sorry for the mix-up in names!bonk

7. krishnaamma

Hi Sunitha,

yes . without our knowledge, sometimes we do good and bad for others. Thank god Bowthis time I did good for both IL and Navpreeth. :biggrin2:

8. krishnaamma

Hi Gowri,

I have not see the thread, about your real name. Thanks for telling the same thing for me.BowI too like your name. :hiyayou are blessed yar.

9. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

There are no words to tell about Il.

IL is like a Family. We don't get to meet the ILites but we are all so friendly.

I have learnt so many things through IL. I also had an oppurtunity of
    posting my embroidery work .

My daughter is also posting her articles in IL

I have learnt so many recipes from chitvish. I had a wonderful oppurtunity of meeting her in Chennai.

krishnamma ur recipes are also too good.

prabha

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Navpreet ,

It was wonderful to read everyone's experience about joining IL.I too stumbled upon it while looking out for recipes and from then on have been involved in it very deeply.
    Its been a very fulfilling experience with my extended family!

Love,
    Devika