My IL experience!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Navpreet, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

I thought of sharing my this experience with all of you.When i had started using net and got my email,(as anyother guy) i started searching for a good(useful as well) networking site.I got registered with a literature site.but,i found everybody there seems to be so unhelpful.Then i started chatting but found all non-sense guys over there(i just hate it).
    One day while searching for recepie at Tarla Dalal's site,i saw ad of Indus ladies.I thought of registering(actually for winnning a t-shirt...haaahhhaa).I didn't posted a single reply or thread on this sire for 4-5 months.Meanwhile,i was searching for a receipe.I thought of asking for help on this site.You can see my very first thread on this site(under Kitchen & Household/unusual receipes/Receipe for besan ki burfi).Noone replied for a week,i was really harrased and stopped venturing this site.Then,one da ia saw an e-mail from Indus ladies,i rushed to open it,it was reply of my thread by Krishnamma.From that day onward i know the difference between this site and others.
    Krishnamma not only gave me receipe but directed me till i got it and let me tell you a secret,from then i had become a big fan of Krishnamma and it's really so nice of her that she started a (sweet receipe)thread for me.:bowdown.She is on vacations and i really miss her.
    From that day to now,daily first of all,i use to check my mail for IL replies then i Log in on Il,post few replies(as per my mood) and then switch off my P.C.My cyber world revolve around this site as it has everything uner one roof with instant expert haelp.It's really incredible!:hatsoffHere's a big Thank You from me to it's moderators who had formed such a good community.
    :thankyou2: Thank You

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navpreet,

It felt real good to read your initial experiences with IL , how you found us and what you think of it now. You have essayed it in a very sweet manner and I am sure every IL'ite reading it will feel happy.
    I wish you a permanent enjoyable stay here and hope to see many more of your posts.
    Yes, a big Thank You to members like Krishnamma.
    I myself came to this site searching for recipes by Chitvish. I noted her recipes in another site and realized how authentic and homely they are and with very good instructions. Unlike you, I never spent much time on the net prior to getting to know IL. So, in a manner of speaking, IL taught me how to be savvy on the net:)

L, Kamla

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

let me add some of my experience here, with a lot of teething problem and sometime navigation problems and finding the right place to post and no end of it, getting many reminders and so on, now i have settled well and it took really a long time, but i am not here to say this alone, a lot of encouragement started for my photoshop work, then slowly i diverted my interest to writing which i do more now, and let me REALLY TELL YOU HERE IN IL NONE WANT TO HURT THE OTHER they rather not comment than tell something which hurts someone, the other site's wherever i go i don't find this particular quality of sharing and coming to rescue and consoling and encouraging, boosting and many qualities which only a woman has been bestowed with. hail malathy and jey for opening a wonderful world to so many to share their shoulder for others to lament their feelings on...:hatsoff:hatsoff hats off to this community and all those who made it happen..sunkan

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Navpreet,

Reading your initial experience with IL brought back some nostalgic memories. Like Kamla, I also joined to get Mrs ChitVish recipes. And I learnt more about surfing, linking etc after being in IL for long.

IL is indeed a site with a difference, an improved difference. Most if not all queries get answered.And answered productively.

A last word- it is not the moderators alone who make this site vibrant and friendly. It is members like you who make it so, it is the pioneering work of induslady and her husband who make this site accessible and almost customised to our needs.

Great piece,Navpreet. You have articulated very well.

regards
    Vidya

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg: I dont know about this thread. I am so sorry Dear Nav preet, to day one of my dear friend Mubeen , silver IL told me about this thread. I am so happy to see your post. Have you tried any sweet after that? where are you? why dont you make many posts here, we are here to help people and share things.

As said by them this is a beautiful site, here all are behaving friendly. Why dont you post again and make many good friends from here. :coffeefor your reply.

Once again sorry for the delay in replying you.Bow and Thank you:thankyou2: so much for your kind and sweet words. :yes:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  6. krishnaamma

Dear Mubeen,

Thank you so much. I dont now about this thread atall. Thank you so much you told me this now. BowPoor Navpreet she would have waited:coffee for me and Rantme.
    thank god atleast I replied her now. Otherwise I would have lost one fan.Big LaughJust kidding Navpreet. I Drowning with your love and affection on me. please dont get angry on me. I am so happy to see your post and once again a ton thanks for mubeen.Bow

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Navpreet,

It was very nice to know how you came here. I too was searching some vegetarian recipes and landed in Chitvish's forum. I become an ardent fan of her and still continuing. I am just amazed about Chitvish. It is my privelge to be here in IL and today I became a Silver ILite also. Without the support and love of all the members this would not have been possible.

The same ideaI have expressed in my earlier thread, if you have the time kindly visit there.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/24587-yesterday-i-became-mad.html

8. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Navpreet,

Welcome Friend ... Happy to know about your IL experience ... Myself joined in Mar 2008 and when I joined, I was so scared and worried to reply or start a thread ... But, then I realized IL is such a wonderful Family Friendly Site ... Trust worthy site ... I can't be without opening IL for a single day ... For past two days, I couldn't be online because my Hubby was sick and I got to take care of kids and him too (as usual :wink:) ... But, I really missed IL in 2 days and couldn't reply to any of the threads ... All the best and keep posting on more friend ... :)

9. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hi navpreet,
    it was nice reading your post....
    i too stumbled on IL when i was randomly browsing the net some months back...
    it took me quite some time to make my first post, and from there, no looking back !
    IL sure occupies a very important place in all our lives....during the past week i wasn't able to spend time on IL, and i really missed it :) ,and i've a lot to catch up with...

well, sometimes posts and threads do get missed, simply because there are too many new posts every day....don't get disheartened, just keep posting....
    am sure you'll have a good time on IL :cheers

10. krishnaamma

Hi Navpreeth,

here is my experience with IL. I came to know about this site through a online news paper. I just registered and started one thread immediately in Chennai forum. Malathy moved that thread to Misc. forum and asked me to post there. So from that day I started many threads there. And started getting reply to my recipes. I was so happy. Within 3 months I crossed 1,000/= posts and I continued. :banana

After some time, some IL asked me to put all my works in one place so that it will be easy for her to access. at that time I saw the announce for 'sub - forum request' so I requested Malathy for that. And she asked me to wait .Meanwhile she gave me one blog. So I started that also. Then she gave me the big honor. Yes she gave me a sub forum. BowIn this big IL family, I got a separate room. :giftI was soooo happy and I have no words to express my feelings and write about that here. It is going very well.

Through this thread I got many online friends like pen friends. For friendship age is no bar. Correct? I met one of them. Saraswathipv, she wants some details about Al Khobar, and I gave them through PM. One fine day we met and now she is staying near our house. All the above things are done through IL only.

I am a small portion of this IL, but I am so proud to be a part of this family and
    also happy that I can help many people by sharing my experience and knowledge with many ladies here.( like Navpreeth, saraswathi so on…) Not only cooking experience, even :ideaI started to share my experience on 'reducing weight' with other ladies who are trying to reduce their weight. We formed a group and slowly achieving the goal with our new diet plan. 'Kitchuppa diet plan' and it is a "fool proof diet plan". Yes, one of my friend Laasya (US) , showed this diet to her Doctor and the Doctor approved this diet plan. And just she added one cup milk in this diet. That is all. Now we all follow the diet for the third week. I am giving the link here so that anyone can go and give a look with out searching for that.

Recently I started this thread,

Poll: New Diet chart with my experience ! ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

and you see, within 2 weeks we crossed more than 700 posts and 7500 viewers and today, we crossed 1200 posts and nearing 10,000 viewers. Is it not great?

For all the above achievements I thank Malathy, :thankyou2:Thank you Malathy thank you very much thanks for everything you are doing to the society, thank you very much for this nice platform. :2thumbsup:

First I crossed thousand posts and after that 2500 and today I am going to cross 5000. I am so happy today. :yes:My son is waiting for that moment. (My son and my husband are members in IL. Actually what we follow is his diet Patten only.)

Navpreet, thank you so much for starting such a nice thread. From yesterday many replied to this thread and I cant see your post. Where are you? Are you getting all these post replies? :coffeeWaiting for your reply.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008