My I Gluten Free Indian Vegetarian Cooking

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Satlak, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

I love to cook. I cook my meals from scratch as far as possible. I make my own masalas , red chilli powder, idli and dosapodi, sambar powder , garammasala,goda masala etc. I cook gluten free as my son cannot tolerate gluten. I love Indian food. On most days I have to cook atleast one fully tambram meal.
    Here I go with my first recipe for this site:

Neer dosa with chutneys:

Neer dosa with tomato fry (vadalkal), coconut chutney and ginger chutney
    Neer dosa
    1 cup raw rice (cup is 250 ml)
    About 10 tsp grated coconut
    3 Cups water
    Salt
    1). Wash and soak the rice in water.
    2). Let it soak for at least four hours. I soaked overnight as I made it for breakfast.
    3). Then grind it with the grated coconut adding just about one cup water to it little by little while grinding. Don't add the entire cup of water at once as it will be difficult to grind the rice then.
    4). After it is ground to a smooth paste, transfer it to a bowl. Add salt and mix well.
    5). Then add the remaining two cups of water. The batter will look like thin buttermilk or neer mor now. This is the desired consistency.
    6). Heat a tawa. I used my cast iron tawa. Spread it from the top like you spread batter for rawa dosa.
    7). Sprinkle half tsp oil around it and at the centre. Cover with a lid and let it cook for about one minute. Then remove the lid and fold the dosa with the help of the turner and remove it from tawa.
    8). Serve hot with chutney of your choice .
    9)? Note: this dosa is very soft and should not be crispy.
    It is easier to make it on nn stick tawa though you can make it in an iron tawa too like I did.

Recipe for tomato fry or tomato vadakkal
    About 8 ripe tomatoes, washed and chopped roughly.
    3/4 th cup sesame seed or til oil.
    1/4 tsp fenugreek seed powder
    1 tbsp red chilli powder.
    1 to two tsp jaggery pieces
    For tempering[​IMG]
    1 tsp mustard seeds
    1 tsp urad dal
    1/4 tsp methi seeds
    4 broken red chillies
    1/2 tsp hing powder
    Curry leaves (optional. I did not use)
    Heat oil in a pan. Add items for tempering. When done, add the red chilli powder and tomatoes. Take care that the chilli powder does not get burnt. Sauté the tomatoes well intermittently, while it simmers. Add salt and jaggery. When it becomes soft and the water that it oozes dries up, add the fenugreek seed powder. Mix well and switch off flame.
    Ginger chutney.
    For roasting in oil[​IMG]
    1 cup ginger cut into pieces after washing ,peeling skin and drying.
    1.5 cups red chillies broken
    1/4 cup Chana dal
    For soaking in warm water[​IMG]
    1 cup jaggery sliced into pieces.
    1.5 cups tamarind pieces
    For tempering:[​IMG]
    1/2 tsp mustard seeds
    1/2 tsp urad dal
    Hing powder a pinch
    Curry leaves
    Salt as per taste
    Sesame seed oil two tbsp for roasting ingredients and 1tsp for tempering
    Method: heat two tbsp oil in a pan . Add the ingredients for roasting and roast on low flame, one by one, adding ginger after Chana dal and red chillies are done.
    When roasted add the into a mixer jar along with soaked tamarind and jaggery. Add salt. Grind into a paste adding water if needed,
    Transfer to a bowl.
    Heat oil and do tempering with the items mentioned under tempering and add to the ground chutney.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Naari and pinky113 like this.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite