1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is calling me back home

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swapna135, Feb 12, 2013.

1. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

hi everyone,

After 4 months of seperation my husband is calling me back home.

A little background of my earlier posts (My DH physically abused me in front of his mother for a very silly reason)

Now he has come saying that this would not get repeated again i would never raise my hand on you.

The way he has approached was, he had come to my office last week and since i had already left for the day he has talked to my colleague, where in she says that by his words and expressions he meant that he wants his wife and kids back.
    The next day he had again come and my colleague convinced me to talk to him we both sat and wanted to discuss things out but by his conversation with me what i felt was:
    1) he wants me back bcos his mother is not with him now she has gone to her daughters house so no one is there to cook food for him
    2) he still blames me for that incident and says that i should not go to my parents house often
    3) he is not willing to come and pick me from my mother's house he says i cant face her and neither he wants his parents or anybody to come and discuss but just we both patch up

I still cannot forget the way he has beaten me up the other day and i dont have the confidence that he has changed so that i can live with him happily. may be for first five or six months he would be alright but then again his original character would be out i feel. i still cant imagine to have any more insults, heartbreaks as he has been doing this since our marriage.

Please suggest me what do i do. ????
    Do i go back to him or do i get something done leagally and go back. As of now i am concerned about my children's school fees and so on.

Swapna

1 person likes this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

(forgiver and) Forgiveness offered in haste without true repentance will never be respected.
    His mistakes were not accidental ones.

10 people like this.
  3. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

hi swapna

if you feel from deep inside that he has not realized his mistakes or not changed from the past behavior, please wait and dont rush. if tomorrow he again abuse you, and you come back, the cycle repeats and you will again be in the receiving end. so please discuss with your parents and i suggest you both go for counselling before you join him

6 people like this.
  4. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

Hi swapna

Sometimes people do realise their mistakes and want thing back to normal. Its only you who can feel and determine what you want to do next. If your heart truly goes out to him go back again.. and start fresh. if u truly believe he would give u respect all ur deserved and do not harm u physically or mentally.

Although I didnt like the way he said he didnt want ur parents to involve in this, real mens would not fear or run from anything..(my personal experience says it) and also he doent have anyone to cook for him..so he wants you back...for gods sake..does he need a cook or WIFE??

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

God had given two great attributes to human's.Which are Forget and Forgive.

Depends on the incident, you can forgive him. But, physical abuse is not accepted at any cost. Talk to him and explain the consequences if it happens again. Let him Realize the mistake, untill then dont use God's attributes.

And make sure, you are wife and not Cook in his mother's absence.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    you have mentioned kids.........are you married for many years?...........how was his behaviour in past(before beating incident)..........did you provoke him with harsh words.........did his mother try to stop him.........where were the kids at that time.......

if that was the sole incident in your married life then he can be forgiven once.......

if his mother tried to stop him then she could be forgiven & allowed to visit you otherwise strictly put condition that she should not visit you(which woman would let someone beat other woman,child or animal without protesting...........if she did not in your case she in vindictive & will cause problems again)............

if your kids were present they need to be told by their father that Dad has promised not to beat Mom again & so we are going back..........

yes,he may be ashamed to face your Mom,don't make issue out of it.............many men feel shy of accepting that they geniuenly miss wife specially after such incidents & try to convince her by saying that they miss her cooking or they miss kids........try to judge if that is the reason in your case.....

and if you feel it will help , you can ask your Mom to accompany you for a week & then ask her to visit after 6 months again......

1 person likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Follow your instincts. This is the only advice that I could give you now.

You seems to be a matured working woman with kids. You are aware of the problem and the root cause of it. You have talked to your husband now, and seen his body language, style and method of expression - Which is fair enough to judge someone who is very familiar to you.

I also had a separation sometimes back, and when my husband wanted this patch up, I only demanded one thing, that the root cause of our problem should be identified and never repeated again. He agreed, and we moved on. But most of my friends, colleagues and relatives had resentments towards our reunification. They all feared as I am trying to fish in the hot water, and gonna fail this time too. But I just followed my instinct. Touch wood, by the grace of God we are happy and peaceful in our lives now.

I basically say this, because you only know him, you only experienced the problem, and everything related to that. Others (including us) can comment based on the minimum info that you have summarized here. Everyone's perception, tolerant level, and readiness to forgive and forget is different. So, please have some time to analyze your issue in a broader view and come to a decision. You are no more a single woman, but a mother. Please be reminded of this facts too. Your decision should not affect your kids.

6 people like this.
  8. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

I suggest u take a legal opinion and make sure he knows u will take legal action, next time he lifts his hand on you or kids.

1 person likes this.
  9. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

though he has realised his mistakes he dont seem to regret or repent for it he still blames me saying i should be proper and i should correct my ways.

though we are talking to each other since from one week (i dont know if its ok talking to him everyday just generally asking had coffee had lunch such things) he seems to take things very lightly, if i am asking him firmly that these kind of issues will never pop up again in our relationship as our kids are also growing he says yes yes yes we will do that you first come back.

My parents say that let him send his elders to sort out things because its not going to work out this way every time he abuses, i go back to my parents after a seperation of 3or 4 months again he comes and says all that has to be said to convince me, make me feel guilty of the things that had happend and finally get pity over him and go back.

10. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

Dear SGBV,

Your suggestions and advice always seem special to me donno Y, may be becos u seem to analyse the things at a very different and matured levels. See to be very frank with my interactions with him what i feel is he wants me back very desperately. But at the same time he does not want me to take advantage of it (which his mother and sister have told him tat if he gives me lineance he would become cheap before me). He blames me saying i went till police station but what afterall did they do. he asks "Did they put me in jail". And moreover he is a very disturbed man. wherein he does not have any stability on wat he says. My colleague also feels the same she says that (as he had come to my office when i was not there and happend to meet her) he himself does not know what he is trying to say but said to her every bit of thing in a very disturbed state.

So i really donno how to handle this person. His character is so different at different times. Sorry to say this he really behaves like a Psycho at times.