1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is an sex addict.(is this normal.?)

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by tensed, May 11, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Some men need it. Twice a day is not very abnormal. Its really not, esp when they are married for 11 months only. What would have been abnormal is when his wife is sick or having health issues and he is not paying attention to that. Men and women are very different when it comes to sexual appetite

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, Tridev - I understand that part. The idiot was in-reference to the guy who was pushing for it right after the C-section. Thats sicko, and thats the guy I called as idiot in the post.

I am not discounting the fact that even the guy who wanted had an urge, but there is an easy way to take care of himself, and surely all men have done that at different times. Whats the reason to push on her? I dont see one esp after surgery.

3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

You are right. That to me is really abnormal too.

4. SmartandSweet

SmartandSweet New IL'ite

It must have been such a torture for the wife whose Dh wanted to be intimate 4 days after C-section! Wonder what goes on inside such person's head :bonk. I guess being a women it is close to impossible to understand this 'uncontrollable urge' part , must be something like pregnancy craving .:idea

Tensed, i can really see why you r tensed, too much of anything can be irritating and ofcourse draining. Not to make light of your situation but how about trying to make really heavy dinner for him once in a while, something that would put him to sleep right away or atleast make him too lazy to do anything, this might get you some time. This has worked a few times for me when i know DH is expecting some action and i am totally feeling eecky,he wouldn't even know what hit him after the meal, i would start hearing the snoring even before i clear the dishes :biglaugh but then my DH can be distracted by food very easily. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nice trick up the sleeve - try it out tensed. This is a harmless and fun way to tackle your problem perhaps. Cool suggestion Smart and Sweet, I'd have never imagined such a solution :rotfl

Now I know why not pigging out on food is good.

6. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tensed,
    Yes this is definately a problem.. and he should consult sexologist... the reason i am saying this is because, few days back i was watching Dr. Oz show and a couple ( frustated wife ) discussed this issue......but i guess out here its very easy for people to talk bout all these things.... which is not that common in india...

and i know an elderly couple personally.... where the wife is suffering day and night..... and she neglected all this initially they had love marriage too...... pl take medical advice and dont neglect this

i am not trying to scare u but u may face problems in future.....
    good luck

7. SmartandSweet

SmartandSweet New IL'ite

Thank you Spiderman. I totally forgot men visit these forums too.......i probably let out the (age old, best kept) wives's secret. Use food to get your way / get out of situations.:rotfl

8. tensed

tensed New IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I will try feeding him some chicken biriyani for dinner accompanied by some curd raita.

I think its high time for me to act.The same thing happened last night and this morning too.

Will keep you all posted.

9. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Tensed,
    Its not going to solve your problem....if you are going to feed chicken briyani...it "may" keep him lazy for that night ...how about the next morning? the following night....etc etc...I think if you dont enjoy as much or you feel drained out you must solve the root cause..check your health first....why you feel so drained out so fast? why do you now have a feeling it more a routine than pleassure? Is it because he dont care about feelings and just go on doing "it" that you are loosing the emotional attachment? and as for him he definetly need to slow down...its not that you have been dating 2 years without sex so he has all the joy of cathching up in this 11 months twice a day....you can even have 10times a day provided both equally enjoy it...but having even 1 time with more of duty bound is very unhealthy .
    You have to again realy talk to him again to realy understand,cause if you just say no you may even have another risk of him getting it elsewhere.
    So dear , you really need to weigh all the points i mentioned above and handle tactfully.

10. tensed

tensed New IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.I will try to talk to him again and lets see how he responds.

I am quite healthy i can say, not much of problems.Have never visited a doctor for the last year or so, i keep myself fit, visit the gym thrice a week etc.