1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Husband is a Spenthrift.My Inlaws are taking adavntage over my hard earned money

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nadiya123, Mar 29, 2013.

1. skans

skans Silver IL'ite

Re: My Husband is a Spenthrift.My Inlaws are taking adavntage over my hard earned mon

It is your money! Why do you need to ASK him whether you can send some to your mom? Set up an automatic debit every month and send money to your mom if you need to. I hope he does not have access to your bank account. If he has, change your internet pwd/ATM pin. He does not need to know how much you have and what transactions you make. You decide how much you want to contribute to the household and give only that much money every month.
    Most importantly, make some investments for your child's future. If you are contemplating walking out of the marriage, make sure you have kept aside money. You cannot change them, all you can do is look out for your own interests.

2. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Re: My Husband is a Spenthrift.My Inlaws are taking adavntage over my hard earned mon

Its not easy to break marriage esp if you have kid.
    I would suggest you to hide your real salary.Lie about expenses and save money for your kid.

3. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Your mom, as a single mom brought up 4 children all by herself. But you are worried about one child, and giving up all your self-respect, happiness, peace and money for some 'Married' status. Your inlaws or DH will never change. Why will they? They are getting free pass for all their expenses and know for sure you will never leave them and keep on working hard to meet their expenses.

You have to make a decision, whether to continue it or walk out.

2 people like this.
  4. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    I totally understand what you are going through. It is the mindset of these ppl that cannot be changed. I am also working - and I have set up my boundaries with my husband.I WORK HARD AND ITS MY MONEY . Just repeat this to yourself a million times everyday. Like someone pointed out, You are NOT a beggar..You are his legally wedded wife. Which means you have equal if not more rights on everything in that house.
    Dont shout at him. Next time, just give him 50% of your salary and tell that you have saved it for the kid (mention "our" kid).If you dont fight for yourself now, your life will be forever like this...Is that what you want??

5. nadiya123

nadiya123 New IL'ite

thanks everyone for ur valuable suggestion

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Why are you accepting yourself as a door mat?....you are much more valuable, why cant you see it????. Once you take a break, they will be super doomed.

7. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

STOP this torture of yourself. You are not a money minting machine to let the entire generation of inlaws sponge off your hard-earned money while you swot over in workplace.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013