1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my husband doesn't buy me gifts

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sha2, Sep 5, 2014.

1. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

My husband does not buy anything for my birthdays, anniversary, valentine's day etc. does anyone else have a DH like mine?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

My father never buys gifts for my mom ! He never knows what to buy, but he sends money to her account and asks her to buy herself ! He just dsnt know how to shop !! Maybe thts the case with ur husband, is he the same with everyone?

3. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Dear Op!
    Most men are like that -that's why God created us Women to remind them & buy gifts through them-that's what my MIL said to me-if he isnt buying on his own make him buy for you/buy it yourself & bill it to him-well i do neither-am used to only he wishing me on special days -nothing more-

3 people like this.
  4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Same here..I do give him surprise gifts but never got from him. It's not like he doesn't want to spend, it is because he is not sure what to buy. I have to tell him every time our anniversary is coming and what you are giving me. Every time answers is let's go mall and buy what you want. Now it's 7 year and I am used to :) :)

5. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Some men do remember the important dates. I think that is because they are blessed
    with good memory from the beginning. But gift giving that is another story. They don't
    know what to buy...

1 person likes this.
  6. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Weasly,radiodoc & Priya.

Yes, he is same with everyone.We are married for 6+ years and he gave me only 3 gift.One time he went to Walmart to buy a gift for my birthday and came home with a flip flop.If I ask for gift, he says he gave me all the access to his bank a/c. I showed him so many surprised gifts videos on youtube but he never changed his behavior. I know it's not a big issue but sometimes it makes me sad.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We used to gift each other in the early years of marriage,but we are both difficult to buy for.So now it is just hugs and kisses.:kissI make his favorite food. He takes me out to buy whatever I want,if I want.

2 people like this.
  8. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Husbands, the conundrum of society ! Cant talk to our parents, cant tok to own parents want us to tok, cant expresss anything to wives, cant buy gifts, some of them cant cook do laundry or even wash a glass, cnt tok to people for 5 mins to socialize and save their life, want the wife to do everything and then ppl say wife is dependent on husband !! Logic gayi tel bechne !! :bonk

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    5 people like this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Many hubbys are this way lol.
    Take him to the fav store and ask him to buy :)

10. JustLikeYou

JustLikeYou Gold IL'ite

My dad doesn't buy gifts for my mom. But he will go with her for shopping whenever she wants and wouldnt restrict her shopping majority of the time. On the other hand my mom surprises him with gifts because she felt like it.

My husband is a good gift giver and so am I. but i have to agree that we do get to the monotony of gift giving process and sometimes wonder what to give. But i always remember his latest interest and give that as a gift be it a fitness routine class or a simple mug.