1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hubby younger than me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 7, 2007.

1. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sravanthi,

Good Going! Congratulations and happy married life.
    Such incidents are not rare in history :). Shakespeare's wife was older to him by 8 years. Robert Browning, the famous poet was younger to his wife
    by 8 years. So, 10 months difference is hardly anything.

best wishes
    kalyani

2. KalyaniBhaskar

Well said Shrutiv05. I dunno your actual name; hence this way :)

Well, maturity vs age is debatable. I can quote quite many examples who were matured at an young age. Why not consider the examples of great people? This is something related to pattern of thinking, knowledge acquisition and analysis at any given time. Many 60+ can behave childish. I know. Or are we to think that it is their ego? if it is, then much worse.

Great people like Sankara, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda (not considering the time) were matured at an young age ofcourse. There are umpteen examples of such sort.

Well Scietific studies say that a girl mentally matures faster than a boy. However, it depends on so many factors as inputs to make this decision.
    And this hypothesis need not be right in every case!!!

When it comes to people, many biological (physiological) factors govern
    their state (being).

Well, I just thought it would be nice to share.

my 2 cents
    kalyani

3. saikeerthana

saikeerthana New IL'ite

hi sravanthi,

marraiges are truly made in heaven ,u just can't stop it.since i withdrawed in 12th,afterthat in all the classes i studied my classmates were all younger to me.so whenever any boy showed interest towards me ,i always felt that he is younger to me.so a big NO.but after that i joined a company ,where i went to office only one day cos my mom was serious and was in iCU,so the 2nd day i resigned.
    HE was totally in the other dept in S/W co. where countless beautiful and intellectual girls walk.even though he was there in that co.for a long time that was the first day he had come to that dept. to meet a friend.bychance since she was over the phone ,he just sat there.since i was leaving home i just asked him about the route bus,that's it.next day i was not able to go for the above mentioned reason.
    After a month or so ,again he went to that dept. on some work.itseems just like that he and his friend happened to talk about me feeling sad that i had to resign the second day.since he's a very emotional guy,he called me up and asked how's ur mom.i did'nt even remember him.since i had spoken to many people that day as she introduced,i had totally forgotten him .when he said me that i'm so and so ,i just pretended as if i recognised.and i told him as everything is fine please let me know if there's any opening.i sent him my exact biodata.after that we happened to talk more and once we met and shared our feelings.but then he said since my mom is very strict ,i think it's not possible.let's just be friends.ok let's end cos since we know we like eachother we just can't be normal.so it's better we end our friendsip too.so at this level it won't hurt much.But after few days he again called up and said ,i can't forget.Then that is the case u have to talk to my parents cos i just don't like going around .he came and met my parents.To convince his mother was a big...... task.itseems he even fell on her feet.I still don't know do i deserve so much.He hid his real DOB from me then saying that he's only 3 months younger to me that too at the time of marriage .BUT after marriage i came to kow he's 2 years younger to me.But he's verymuch matured and handles situation so well.Maybe in a matter of 5 months we got married .

4. KalyaniBhaskar

Re: My Hubby younger than I

prema, that is right. small age difference is ok.

kalyani

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thats not funny ;-) no seriously.

(1) what made you think a 50 year old is not fit for sex?
    (2) Sex is not marriage. Its just a part. If a 20 and 50 year old are really happy and in love, then that's what matters. I bet they will surely work out their sexual life one way or the other.

Some example: Katie holmes married tom cruise - appox 20 year difference. They have a sweet daughter and they are pretty much happy (from the media reports ofcourse)

6. KalyaniBhaskar

Why go else where? Look back to history. Many kings married so many :) and had a harem. One can guess the age of king, his first queen, and apparently last queen. One need not bother about exact age but can guess.

The point is not only about sexual life. Generally men are sexually active for a longer time than a woman (acc. to scientfic studies). However, there are other factors that may not suit well. Anyway, marriages are not be decided on an impulse.

Kalyani

7. Nandshyam

Thanks !!..

hope Prema sees the history too :)

and they are?

Exactly... get to know them first !!

8. KalyaniBhaskar

The factors ? well they are subjective. The intention of mentioning is to examine whether they can maintain respect and love for each other, come what may - thus maintaining and continuing a happy relationship. It is not a day's job or for a short time. It is a lifelong commitment.

Well, in Indian scenario, where the societal set up is such that an individual looks first for self protection and peace of mind. Here the psychology plays a crucial role. I mean to say in our society it matters relatively more. For this one needs to always consider the present situation. One cannot live in the past. Past is past.

Well.. one has freedom to choose/draw one's life but does not have freedom/right to play with that of other's.

My 2 cents
    Kalyani

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  9. Nandshyam

Happy that age number is not only of those factors. That's what I wanted to find out ;-)