1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hubby younger than me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 7, 2007.

1. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

When the age difference is considered a requirement in a wedding, people forget its the mental maturity that matters than the physical age. You would have already met plenty of people in your life who by normal age standard are considered adults, but maturity wise they are still teens. They will still be immature and irresposible.
    And your age gap is what 10 months, not years. Have fun. You both are of same age. Enjoy life to the fullest!!

2. Shrutiv05

Shrutiv05 New IL'ite

Re: My Hubby younger than I

As I mentioned in one of my other posts - On an average we women live longer than men by 3-5 years; hence we should marry a guy who is 3-5 years younger to us, so that we have companionship in old age :)

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Who cares.. its YOUR Life ..:thumbsup

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

4. radhakarthik

radhakarthik Senior IL'ite

hi sravanthi,

guess what, my hubby is 1.3 years younger than iam. ours is a love marriage, intercaste with parents blessings, i was strong and bold enough to discuus everything in detail with my parents, my hubby too conviced his parents but i guess never told my age explicitly as we passed out college in the same year(although i'm sure his mom knows now)

now its almost 6.5 years of happy married life with a handsome son....so what if he is younger than me, we both are deeply in love and we get along well with each other, don't u think that is the most important thing.

live for urself and don't be bothered about others and their stupid comments or thoughts, that is what i do...

all the best for a great life.

radha

5. N@!Sr!

N@!Sr! Senior IL'ite

Hi, there
    Could not hold myself from replying to this post. I am 3 years older to my hubby. :thumbsup The day when he proposed me, I told him about my date of birth as I was aware of his. He instantly stated that he does not have any issue with that but yes, it might raise some eyebrows amongst his family members. Before we got married, he tried to test his mom by saying that he loves a girl who is 1 year older than him and the immediate reaction was,""How can you fall in love and marry a girl who is older to you?? The match would look very bad etc etc...................etc...":idontgetit:
    But normally just by looking at us, no one would be able to say that we have a reverse age gap.

Then he understood what would be the reaction further so without much further discussion about the same ,we got married. We do not openly discuss about our reverse age gap amongst his family members or mine. Only my parents and sis knows about it and they approved about the same.

We also refrain from discussing the same amongst our friend circle as they are also from the same old school mentality.:notthatway:

I personally do not feel that reverse age difference would matter much in your life if you have love and respect for each other. :shhh: But yes, it takes some time for the guy to mature as a responsible husband. I refrain from revelaing my correct age to his parents and they will definitely start some fuss.

6. bangaloremsg

bangaloremsg New IL'ite

I think it is never an issue as long as the mind and soul matches. It is the harmony of the same and not the age. The unconditional love if exists along with unbroken trust, no age, cast or colour can be an issue.

7. wisha

wisha Senior IL'ite

hey,

years are not important...
    important thing is understanding in your relationship...
    understand each other well... and take care of every desire of each other...
    then this age gap will not matter..

luck,
    wisha

8. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sravanthi,

My DH is also younger than me by some months. Ours is a Love Marriage. We were knowing about our age before we fall in love. It didnot matter for us. Our this reverse age gap is know to only my parents and in laws.

In our family one of my uncle is younger than aunt by two years ( They married in 70s almost 30 years back). Also in my in-laws family recently in a arranged marriage the boy is younger by one year than the girl.

Sravanthi like you i and my hubby are of same year and some months difference. Also completed the academic education in the same year.
    I also dont disclose it to anyone but you are like me so thought of posting here.

I think this things are common now. So Sravanthi dont worry.

Regards
    Prachi

9. Falguni

Falguni New IL'ite

HI! Sravanthi,

I don't think age is a problem in marriages anymore, whether it is a reverse age gap or a very big age gap.

If it makes you feel any better, my mother is older than my father by 3 years. my MIL is older than my FIL by 6 months and I am older than my hubby by 2 months.

So, don't worry. Go ahead and enjoy your life. So, long as it doesn't matter to you and your hubby, its ok.

Regards,

Falguni.

10. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Age is nothing but numbers, only love matters.