1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Hubby younger than me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: My Hubby younger than I

Atta girl Sravanthi!:) Good for you! All the same, you did have a good portion of luck too...because, normally, you get what you marry!!! Another point I want to make here is, whether everyone agrees or not, that you changed your husband for better has got less to do with you being older and more to do with the love you both have for each other. I am convinced!:)

L, Kamla

2. coolcool

coolcool New IL'ite

Hi, You are lucky!. Wish you all best in your future!
    One of my dearmost friend loved a guy 3 months younger than her. They know it before they fall in love but they thought just 3 months won't be a big difference. In the beginning, that guy was also showing all the examples as everyone says. So, she had lots of hope and they lived for few months without their knowledge of their parents. When they started thinking of marriage, they told both of their parents about their love (not their relationship they had). Girls side was said ok, because girl was so strongly said she will marry that guy otherwise she will die.
    But, the guys side, his sisters, brothers (they are highly educated and settled in USA) and parents all opposed and somehow(don't want to bore you guys by saying their nonsense behaviour) they stopped the guy to marry her.
    She tried for suicide but her parents saved her and then she decided NOT to die because of a stupid, culprit, coward guy.
    Now she is married to another guy, her husband is good hearted and treating his wife (myfriend) like a "Queen". She can live that life happily but, she couldn't forget the past, and always has a guilty feeling.
    Since I am her best friend, she used to share with me whenever she feels more depressed.
    Forgot to say, that guy married to another girl with his parents blessing and living happily in Europe.
    Sometimes, I am getting a doubt whether God is there.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  3. Anirajiv

Anirajiv New IL'ite

Dear Sravanthi, Cool Cool,

This world is made up of all kinds of people!!:-( :)

But you know what, my hubby is 9.5 years younger than me. Sounds filmy
    isn't it?! We have been happily married for the last 8 years. After a initial
    hesistation both our parents agreed.
    Yes, people still are suprised, when we disclose our age, but now they have
    gotten used to it.
    I think it a matter of conviction and meeting of the minds, age does not
    mean anything.
    Cool Cool,
    There is a saying: " Whatever happens, happens for the best!!
    and if a person is so swayed in the wrong direction by his family,
    he is not worth it at all!
    Your friend is actually very lucky, in case she had married such a
    person, she would have been very unhappy.
    God has actually protected her!!

Warm Regards
    Anita

4. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi coolcool,
    Your friend is very lucky enough to have passed that torment state & settled in a happy married life. As Anitha said, " Whatever happens, happens for the best!!". One of my friends too experienced such a bad phase in her life when that guy had excused himself pointing some silly reasons.
    Now she is engaged to a very good boy (who knows everything about her past) and ready to get married this november. we are all very thankful to God as he had choosen her the right path.

Hi Anitha,
    Great yaar! I actually posted this with the thought that people similar to me would open up & share their stories. But this is the first reply i hve come across. Nice to hear from you. And about the friend i mentioned above, now the guy who is her fiance is 2 years younger to her. I guess that's the reason they say "Marriages are made in heaven".

Sravanthi

Sravanthi

5. tyciol

tyciol Guest

I think it's wonderful that you got over that cultural limitation, I think if it's fine for men to date younger women it should also be fine the other way around. You met together, you are like peers and equals in education.

6. Cookie

Cookie New IL'ite

Hello Dear,

In marriage what matters is a deep understanding between partners. What has age got to do with it . A ten month gap is nothing. I know of a friend who is 7 years younger to her hubby, and ofcourse in the west you have these hollywood couples who are 20 to even 40 years older than their husbands. But ofcourse too much of an age gap is conventionally not viable Our Indian writer Amrita Pritam too was living with a much younger man. What matters is the maturity level of the two people . Husbands being much older than the wives act like helpless babies most of the time. Times are changing and peoples mindsets too.

So dont you worry girl. No one is pointing fingers at you. You llive your lilfe only once. You are not hurting anybody. You have married for love. Wishing you many wonderful years of love and a life full of happiness and good luck.

One advice. Never get into unneccesary arguments. If your partner is angry or upset over something buy time. Say you are or I am very upset or angry now we will talk about this later. Resolve the matter when both of you are calm enough to see reason.
    Love Cookie

7. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Cookie,
    Thanks a lot yaar for your wishes. And , you have got a good nick "Cookie".

Sravanthi

8. Reenae

Reenae Bronze IL'ite

Agar Mujhe Na Mile Tum Tou Mai Yeh Samjhungi
    Ke Sirf Umar Katti Zindagi Nahin Guzri.....

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

I liked Sir's reply.

It is not much of a difference,as long as u are happy.Isnt Sachim happy.So just forget it, and be happy withj hubby.Regards.kamal

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

NO issues,
    it happened to one of my friends also, who is almost 3 months elder to her hubby. They are sharing a very good relationship and married life.