1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My hubby says am over reacting on his friendship with a lady collegue...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Painfultears, Jul 4, 2010.

1. sweetmommy

sweetmommy New IL'ite

First, A big hug and congrats :)
    Now is the time you need be relaxed and dont think about anything...I really dont know why some girls will be behind married guys....Anyways...just keep track of everything going on around..From your post..it looks like your DH is not a guy who will cheat on you..but seems to enjoy talking to girls...But you can chnage his behavior...keep talking to him about the new baby and how u want to do things for him/her..Keep him occupied with those thoughts...Also tell him frankly that you are not peaceful when those girls talk to him because you want him to be yours...

I really hope things will be smooth for you and will keep u in my thoughts..Again Congrats !!!!

PS: Just be aware of whats going on...

2. Painfultears

Painfultears New IL'ite

Dear all, jus a quick update.. I had a emergency scan today coz last few days I had been into lot of stress which resulted
    in lower back pain n tummy cramps.. I rushed to hospital to find my lil one active n had heart beat... I was crying n very much relieved to see the lil one being ok...
    Doctor said no stress, no lifting heavy things n to have complete rest n good diet..

Apart from that yea, my hubby has started talkin to me.. He sais he's deleted her number n all those SMS of hers.. N he wud not contacting her anymore of not it's something very official for which he said he will use the office line.. He also informed me that he had spoke to her n told her not to call him everyday n ONLY if there's anything that's really urgent then it's fine..
    So, he said me to relax n take things easy now.. N said hope things wud go fine from now on..
    Once again thank u all for ur support... Seriously u guys rock.. N I wish u all good luck...

If there's anything else, will keep u all updated.. Again thanks to u all for ur wonderful time and ur kind words..

3. compassionasder

compassionasder New IL'ite

You are not even a bit overreacting! You are just being cautious and any other person in your place would have reacted in a similar manner. so please Stop finding faults in yourself!

What i don't understand is that why your husband let her create an id similar to his to chat with her? what was the need to chat so much secretively ? also you say his office friends were teasing them - do you see the RED FLAG.

You wrote - "before 2 days..she said that she has some kinds feeling for me..." you are right. he should have snubbed her off , but why on earth he is still entertaining her? Seriously Your husband has no seriousness on top of that. (sorry if i sound rude!).

She is the other women and NOT YOU for heaven's sake! do you notice how she creates the second id for your husband to chat with him? It is really not normal.

You know what... You could do either of the 2 things- keep yourself under control till she moves to another company or if nothing works (second option), send her an email explaining her not to interfere in your happy married life and if it continues she may have to face a sever consequence. A simple friendly threat should put her in place!

By the way congrats and relax!

4. compassionasder

compassionasder New IL'ite

ooops! i really dint read till the last post.
    so good for you now. and take care.

5. Painfultears

Painfultears New IL'ite

Dear compassion..., well thanks for ur post.. Yea though for now it seems these issues are sorted off.., still as u say there are numerous questions in my mind for which my hubby has no straight forward answers. All he requests is " believe me" but my point was where's a good reason for me to believe u.. Anyways he still indirectly n jokingly remarks that I have got what I wanted to which I didn't pay much attention.. His thought is y shd I miss a good friend though she might be a gal.. ? What's wrong in speaking to a friend daily?? Y is my wife not ok with a genuine friendship??? Anyways my thought process is completely different from his n I guess I can never agree to his for what he's done to me in the past.....
    Thankyou so much for ur time again n I shall keep u all posted updates from my side..

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Painfultears , Just relax for time-being.Your anxiety will affect the kid too.Do you really want to do that to your kid?Your priority should be your kid now.Eat good food,relax!Listen to good music and read good books.May god bless you!

7. Painfultears

Painfultears New IL'ite

Thanks Bhuvinidhi.. After that emergency scan which was done before 2 days yes am trying to relax n concentrate on the lil bub.. N when ever I feel a little down I relive the moment of seeing my bub dance go up n down which was a miracle to watch.. N I feel so happy that there's a cute tiny dancer inside who's constantly shaking his/ her hands n legs...
    Iam having my week12-13 scan on 19th n I am so excited to watch my bub again..
    Thanks for ur support n kind words.. I shall try n relax n eat good food too...

8. aartinav

aartinav New IL'ite

sorry dear, I really don't know what advice I can give u, bcoz I am also facing this problem. and I really really don't know how to give u sympathy. Our's is also a love marriage, we know each other for the last 5 years before marriage, and 4 years have been past to our marriage. we have a 2 years baby. I sincerely love my husband and can't expect that he can betray me. before marriage he never give me a single sign of his this kind of behaviour. my husband is very frank and he mingle with everyone and everbody know him as a very good person. I usually don't like and feel jealous when he talked to other girl or woman. One day I came to know about his chattings to other girls in the net. and when I asked about this he explained me that bcoz I always suspect him and never like this so that's why he didn't tell me about this. From his act I was totally broke I couldn't imagine that he could do this to me. I am still in depression. but now I am concluding all my strength just bcoz of my baby bcoz I can't ruin his life. He is my life now and I am living my with my husband only for my baby.
    but I tried one thing, which help me a little bit. usually I don't like to make more friends and I don't like to make new friends easily. After marriage I forget to live my life. then I started my life. I talked to my friends whether they were girls or boys. especially boys. this makes him feeling jealous. then he gave me a promise that he will mend his ways and limit his friends. u can also try this. men told their wife to be open mined but this rule is not applied to them.....just try and make him feel that when it comes to him, how will he feel.
    sorry for not giving u a better advice........and also for the language I am very bad at english.
    n take care of yourself and the most important of your baby who is also going through this bad time.

9. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

hi painfultears...
    I just thought of an idea which i will mention after reading all the posts specially the one by AARTINAV but i cud be wrong though ....why dont you make new or more friends both gender male as well as females spend time with them talk to them as much as possible when ur hubby is there and be very happy and show him that ...I am sure after few days he will start to complain that u ar not paying much attention to him and are not bothered much and are talking to these friends all the time ...do not be mean or rude to him .be good to him but go beserk with your friends ..talk to ur male friends as well..i am sure this will hit the nail on the head because from what you have written it shows that he loves you and does not want to cheat you actually BUT BUT BUT if some female is acting fresh with him he enjoys it and does not want to stop it till you get behind it AND AND does not take your pain seriously thinking that you are being narrowminded and he is an openminded guy SOOOO he needs to be made to feel what you FEEL when he does what he has been doing to you...TRY IT ...what say ...

10. Painfultears

Painfultears New IL'ite

Dear aarthirav n seemaa... Thanks for ur suggestions.. Actually this was in my mind too.. Now that I have fallen pregg n doctors have told about this being a Hugh risk pregnancy am not working and am resting at home.. Normally here in Sydney I really don't have friends but I think I have to be more open... Like aarthi said after marriage I never cared about my life n now I know what a mistake it is..
    Thank u both for ur kind words.. Will update u soon..