1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Home my Heaven

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamalji
    Great pictures of peacock .
    In western Rajasthan peacocks r seen in routine & I always wanted to tame them to come & take chugga ( Dana pani ) at my home , there r lots of peagens though have there breakfasr of maize & bajra at our place & occassionaly peocock too come but flew away as we go nearer.
    I have a guvava tree in our garden & in the morning when we take tea there ( ofcourse with my dear husnband ) the parrots come in herds & eat away all guvava ,my husband collects all the fallen guvavas & keep them on table to throw at them & try to dissude the parrots from eating raw guvavas before ripening but the parrots only go when they have their healthy brekfast of guvavas.
    Regards

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

My wife goes to Satsang every Sunday and Thursday,so this was a Thursday.I cant keep wife tied to my aprons all the time , can I ?HAHA.Part of life really.Glad u liked it.Thanks and regards.kamal

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello kamalji

hey so much like me
    i love dogs and birds too....
    and ofcourse the greenery...
    kamalji am i jealous
    although i do have a garden
    and can give bajra or whatever
    the peacocks dont come a flying here...
    that one you have is gorgeous...
    please please ask him if he can come a flying here...!

a jewellery shop in madurai
    named thanga mayil
    (golden peacock)
    has acres to grow../cultivate
    and half of it they cultivate
    only bajra...for the peacocks
    as a thanks for the name
    thats successfull business...!

and i do love tuffy too....
    great guy he looks...!
    home is where the heart is
    and the heart goes a flying
    with birds and animals too...!

sathya

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Your description of your home is beautiful. The photo of peacock eating bajra is great. Aap ka ghar ka nazar utharne ke liye safed bopla ghar ke samne lagaayiye.

Regards,

TDU

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Jaishree,

Yes parrots are very naughty, in my house they fight a lot andmake a lot of noise, scaring away the pigeons and the sparrows.We leave green chillies and gauvas which they love, but they fight a lot amioong themselves.
    Of course when the king comes, the peacocks, all the birds give way to them,even the parrots.

Thanks and regards.kamal

Satya,

Yes i agree.The peacock says i cant fly that far to Satya's house,but he is ready to come there by flight.Will u foot the bill ?:-(

Tuffy is great.A very loyal friend,today will take him to the Vet, as he is having problems with his nails, which i have to trim

Thanks and regards.kamal

TNU,

Thanks for the great compliments TNU,Nazar lagni hai to lagne de.I love birds, animals and nature.and it is strange i eat meat, but love animals.

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

TNU,

Thanks for the great compliments TNU,Nazar lagni hai to lagne de.I love birds, animals and nature.and it is strange i eat meat, but love animals.

Thanks and regards.kamal[/quote]

Dear Kamalji,
    its nothing strange when they are alive u keep them with you and when dead within you.
    .........as i do.........
    regards
    vidyasundar

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

Do u know i have read so many good quotes, but yours is the best ever i have heard and read, and i am going to quote this to each and everyone.A classioc one.HAHA.

I could never explain to anyone, even my wife who is a veg, that i love animals , and she says then why do u eat them ?

Now i know the answer.And a super one , thanks to u, and yr wisdom.Thanks a ton.Regards.kamal

8. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji sir,

thank you very much for your appreciation though it's encouraging i dont deserve them.
    whenever i have been questioned about being a non vegie and having affection towards animals i used to answer them that i like animals and thats y i owe my body for their burrial.

it just strike when i saw ur reply but after replying you i just thought "are they same animals with us and within us bcos i dont pet a chicken or goat but i eat them.

oh where am I..................oh!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!! yes your home is a heaven.

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    What serenity in those snaps.I really enjoyed them.So did my daughter.She loves birds.She feeds nearly 30 pigeons,couple of crows,squirrels,mynahs bajra everyday on my terrace.

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

HAHA.You are never at a loss for words eh ! Well u an me are in the same boat.So let us eat meat and love animals too, and not think much on this.Thanks and regards.kamal

Kanaka,

Nice of u to ahve taught yr daughter good sanskaras.My grandmother used to first feed the crows and then eat.

And i feel i dont do the birds any favour by feeding them.in fact they do me a favour by visiting my house and making it a heaven.

Thanks and regards.kamal