1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My heart is heavy and my eyes are laden with tears

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 15, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jaishree

When Mumbai was hit by floods in 2005, it was the common man helping each other, there were no barriers of religion, caste, sub-caste etc.. It was a help from one man to another. The site was grave but none of the top brass step in to help. The next day they were giving statements through media, not to fear and they are doing their best. We should have shoot at site system for the corrupt. No trial no arguments. Just hit him down by the bullet.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Malspie,

Wonderfuil piece and i am nominating it for the best of Feb.

I was borm and borught up ion mumbai, and i know what mumbai is.A wonderful place, spoilt by these goons in the name of politics.

Taxi drivers of Bihar and UP, they work for 18 hours, live in huts, eat on the roads, and these are jobs the locals dont want.And they want to turn mumbai to Shangail.Shame really.Regards.kamal

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Kamal for considering the humble post for nomination. What you have written is true. People who have migrated from other states work round the clock, whilst the locals are at home by sunset. Then they crib that outsiders become rich coming to Mumbai. My heart is bleeding for my city and its my birth place and I love my city very much..

4. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Your piece is apt. Mumbai the city that gave shelter to so many people is now being challenged for it's own identity. When people ask me to name landmarks, it is so difficult.

OK even if I start from the Gateway the list goes on & on....Siddhivinayak Madir, Asthika samaj where the priest was soooo nice to give me extra vadas:drool all because I called him Kaka....Mahim church........Juhu beach etc etc

The recent events remind me of a Russian saying: In every place you will have beautiful flowers & where there are flowers, you will find insects.

So, ignore the insects & smell the roses.Raj should first learn to be an Indian then be a Maharashtrian. If he has so much concern for the Marathi Manoos, let him give up his prime land in Kohinoor mills compound for charity or a Samskruti sabha to encourage Arts.

My My 2cents of thought.

Regards,

Corallux

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Corallux,

These goons are creating riots for their own attention. Very true, he should donate the land for performing arts, they have huge property not only in India but abroad too... From did the money come, from all source, from all caste, from all religion. When will the youngsters understand this logic and do not fall prey to their words...

6. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

very well written malspie..............

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thank you my dear Prabha for visiting this thread.

Hey, girlie, why no AVATAR??:hide:

8. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Malspie,

Found this song that reflects the true spirit of Maharashtra on "You tube".

If it is ok, I have pasted the link. If not the song is Jai Jai Maharashtra Mazaa:

YouTube - jai jai maharashtra majha

Regards,

Corallux

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Appreciate your writing first. Brought everything in front of the eyes.

It is agonising. Should come to an end. There is a long way to go. If united we stand, can make anything possible. Your tears of today will become an ocean one day; as you see so many people by your side. Here, I'm joining you. Let us invite people. Let us treat others as us. Let the humanity spread all over......

Love,
    Oviya.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Corallux for visiting this thread and giving it a new dimension. How can we forget:
    Shivrayache Gauravgatha
    Gaathe Shivneri
    Ithihasi Re Shivba Saathi
    Akshar Soneri.
    Jai Maharasthra, Bharat Mata Ki Jai