1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My grandma says we are missing something......by not living with our inlaws.

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Tara09, Feb 24, 2010.

1. rimiritu

rimiritu New IL'ite

i totally agree with you...... i am newly married and ........ i try very hard to adjust ... but my MIL take me as her competitor ...... everything i do is a competition..... whether my cooking the way i dress up etc. etc. ..... luckily i am a graduate .... can't imagine if i am not.... then my education background will be a competition for her as well............ gosh :(

2. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hi,

theres a related post running - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/relationship-with-in-laws/86733-there-anybody-who-lives-their.html

I just saw over last few months that families living abroad are much worried about living with in laws. No doubt there are such families in India too but I personally feel much depends upon natures of individuals in the family and the kind of family DIL and in laws have been living in over the years...unit or joint. I dont beleive that all in laws are troublesome as I have families afront me who are living overall happily with in laws but yes some issues do keep arising in each family be it with our own parents or the in laws. :)

3. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Tara... no votes from me on this... stayed together for several years and experienced all the WARMTHMIL was capable of giving... almost got BURNT:rotfl:hide:
    Now rather let go of "the many good things and warm moments" which may be awaiting me... I can live HAPPILY without that....
    As Preethi has put it it was the economic/ social reasons why it worked 50years ago... times are too different....
    K

4. Menku

Menku Junior IL'ite

I am sorry but I dont agree with ur grandma ! Surely I am not missing anything with not living with a bitch like my MIL...... Yes the women are less tolerant and patient, but if I was you my questiion to ur grand ma will be why do I need to be tolerant and patient towards something when I really dont believe in it... Why do I need to live with them when there are more options and choices available ???? Does respect work only one way ???? Why do I need to be respectful towards elders when elders are not ???? Instead why can we not see them once in 5 years and be happy and have cosy moments then..... I am sure when they are around for that 1 month I will never need to put central heating on cos there will be too many HOT MOMENTS :)...These HOT moments have been and will be enuf to keep me going for the next 5 years, before its time for them to come back and visit us :(

Cheers !

5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

I may be differing from others. But to a certain extent its right, in today's world what is missing is understanding the values of human relation. None of us(including me) have the patience to listen to even one scolding or difference of opinion.

Your Grandma is right and it may have worked for that generation, but in today's generation it will not work. All the above is JMO.