1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

my garden veggies

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by krispriya, Apr 19, 2010.

1. krispriya

krispriya Platinum IL'ite

thank you friends for ur :)appreciation:)

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Lovely sight. Anything fresh is always good. SO you maintain your own garden and good to see the yield.

andal

3. krispriya

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ha, you have brought wonderful nostalgia for me. It was during my childhood days, there was little sandy area left behind our rented house, there my mother made a wonderful garden by planting papaya, Bittergourd, sealilly (Sand lilly), Jasmine, Marigold, Tulsi, Pomegranate, Adu thoda ilai plant (herb) and some keerais (green leafy veg) like Mulai keerai, arai keerai, manathakkali keerai (keerais were kept in pots) and evenings i spend in that small cute garden, as i love the company of the plants and i felt like i am in a different world.

Already a lemon tree was there in which humming birds made their nest several times and many new chicks gave me friendly companies and has flew away humming happily into their own world.

THe papayas, bittergourds, keerais all tasted delicious. This taste is never found in a bought item 'cause, we grow them with love and porividing so much attention. We never plucked a flower from the plants as they look fresh and stay for long in the plant and made our day happy by giving a happy smile and waving through the breeze.

Hmm.. it was past. Now with frequent transfers, i am unable to keep any plants as they may die during transportation due to lack of fresh air and sunlight (their food). So i enjoy taking care of neighbours plants when they go away for long tours entrusting those friends to me.

Happy gardening.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. krispriya

hi mimur.
    iam glad that my post made u recollect ur wonderful memmoris. even we enjoy diff kinds of thean chittu(one with blue color on top, black with yellow, & small green&red color bird).its really refreshing to see flowers,birds, butterflies,... & most of all fresh veggies from our own garden:) .thanks for taking time & sharing with ILs.