1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

My garden Flowers

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by manjumnair, Sep 2, 2007.

1. priya24

priya24 New IL'ite

Dear Manju, Shanti and Alivelu .. Thanks for your compliments! I noticed that another hibiscus flower has started to bloom this morning .. plants are such a joy to have aren't they?! :-D

Alivelu .. Thanks for sharing pictures from your garden .. your flowers are beautiful! :thumbsup

luv,
    Priya.

2. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

hai priya, manju, madhu, sreelatha,

:thankyou2: for your prompt messages. I liked this thread very much.

Sreelatha - you are always welcome to our house. We stay at Balanagar, Hyd. Do visit our house when u come to hyd.
    Shanti - Thank you for your advise.

I am attaching some more pictures from our garden.

Alivelu

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Alivelu,

Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures... Loved them especially the Hibiscus...:2thumbsup:

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi alivelu,

they are really beautiful.. thinking of getting those hibiscus for my terrace container garden....

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Excellent posts Manju, Alivelu and Priya.....

Manju I am able to identify some of your flowers

the last flower in your 6th post is hydrangea, the color of these flowers depend on the ph of the soil neutral generates white flowers and others generate pink Or blue.

In post 7 last flower is magnolia. the plant is of either shrub or a tree. Here we see magnolias in pink, white and mixed hues.

I especially enjoyed seeing the flowers in your 2nd post since we had all of these in my parents place in hyderabad.

Alivelu I would love to see your garden in person next time I am in hyderabad which might be pretty soon:-D . Loved the lotus flower in your last post. Do you have a pond installed in your garden??

Priya, indoor plants are a treat to the eyes especially during the off season when it gets cold and dark at 4 in the evening. I always buy kalanchoe and cactus flower plants during winter.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi alivelu,

Since it is going to be navarathri..it should be chamanthi season there..do you have picutes of the pink,magenta,white,orange..would love to see few....

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hello ladies
    If I dont come this side for a few days i miss out on so many beautiful pictures and good posts.
    Alivelu your flowers are fabulous. i cannot believe you have so many idfferent type of hibiscus. flowers are sooooo beautiful. i never knew there is a plant called bhrahmakamalam plant. veryinteresting to read what kamla has written and other replies.
    Priya Isnt it thrilling when the flowers bloom after we bring them home. i used to buy plants with buds ready to bloom. love your photos and can see your excitement too.
    dear manju sorry i did not reply earlier. i just your question now. you can pm me anytime too. I love container gardening and have quite a few books to. I have a Rose garden with 40-50 bushes very beautiful even if i blow my own trumphet. in spring i'll take photos and post here. sorry to get off track. yes roses are a good choice for containers. make sure their growing height stays around 3 ft for maintenance. also there are annuals which offer color. you need to mix lots of colors. What i did in the past is to goto the nursery and pick plants some with flowers and some for color and group them there itself. and if i like the effecct i buy. hope this helps. really eager tohear how its progressing.

8. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

hi friends,
    :thankyou2: all for your compliments.

hi Blondie, you are always welcome to our garden when you visit hyderabad. Actually the picture of lotus flower is from my neighbour's (meeta) garden. When she bought lotus plant it has bud which bloomed after two days. Since then she didn't get flowers. We also have lotus plant in our garden. Waiting for the flower. We didn't have pond installed. We planted that in the old kitchen sink. Meeta Nayak (our neighbour) and Radha Nair (one more friend from our township) , we three are garden lovers. We all have so many varities of plants. Whenever there is nursery mela in hyd we three will go for mela and buy plants.

hi shanti, we have few varieties of chamanti, when they bloom i will send pictures.

hi anandchitra, we have nearly 15 varieties of hibiscus. some are hybrid. I am very much fascinated to grow hibiscus, whenever i see new variety definetly i will bring that plant.

on 14th some of my hibiscus bloomed. i am sending that photos.

bye
    Alivelu

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi alivelu,

the more i see this hibicus, the more my wish to grow them...:2thumbsup:.

will definitely wait for the chamathi pictures....

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

hi alivelu,

I love your garden more and more... Would like to visit Hyderabad to see your garden...:2thumbsup: