My friend climbed Thirupathi hills without knowing pregnancy - help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by tuffyshri, Apr 9, 2012.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

My friend wanted to go to Thirupathi and climb hill by foot. She is planning for a baby. She did a pregnancy kit test last saturday (31st March) at home and it showed negative. So she proceeded with the trip. Had good darshan and came back. Yesterday she realised that she had missed her periods and tested the kit. It showed positive. She is very happy yet worried. Will climbing cause any problem. I consoled her saying it is too early for the foetus to have any problem. Also, inspite of climbing the foetus is staying meaning God is showering His blessings only. But deep inside, I am also worried. I know she would consult a gynec soon... but I thought let me get opinions from you all.

2. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Nothing to worry there.The great Balaji will protect n bless her.

3. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

Tell your friend not to worry, i did not know my preg till 7 th week and I did lots of Housework including lifting and pushing heavy loads and walking and even running on high heels. now my son is 2 years old :)
    but tell her to take care and take ret in her remaining preg. the initial climbing will do no harm

4. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Nothing will happen to baby. I was not aware that I am pregnant till 6th week and was riding in my 2 wheeler to office everyday..The road was in bad condition(rainy season - chennai) and also I used to rush to office for morning meeting everyday. Never applied brake when I had to cross a speed breaker :-D
    My daughter is 8 months old now.

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Just like you thought god has indeed showered her the blessings .now that she is aware let her take rest.

6. indhushri

indhushri Senior IL'ite

tell her not to worry.what i feel is she conceived only because of balaji ...the one who creates will protect it as well....

7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Wish her good luck...Tell her not to worry. It is okay. I had lifted heavy loads during my first month..I was not aware of the pregnancy...We had to shift our house..rental...and I did packing and unpacking, arranging the furniture in the new house..including sofas and showcases..and moving around the heavy boxes..unpacking....since hubby was busy with office and I wanted to arrange the house properly. After a week or two when we settled down, I had invited all of DHs colleagues and friens for dinner at our place to thank them for helping in shifting house and I realized I got tired just by preparing dinner for the guests..took a HPT the next day which was positive..My DH was pretty worked up till the doc's appt at 8 weeks coz I had done so much heavy lifting and was asking me to rest all the while..My DD is now over 3 yrs old.

8. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you all. I feel very positive and so is my friend when I showed her the link. :) :)