1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Date

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prathi, May 18, 2006.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not a bad idea Veda you can start all over again with everyday fights..........and then patch up with a cup of coffee.............hahaha
    As Shanti has said everyday was a date that to for 2 years that is really cool.

It was nice reading everyones first date.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear prathi,
    that was a well written post!!!really enjoyed it/111you have kindled memories of everybodies first dates!!!!!
    dear chith,
    thanks for re-posting this thread here.really enjoyed reading your experience in your first date!!!!!
    well here goes mine.when we met first it was a common friend's party and we never spoke and the second time we again met in our friend's place and while i was getting back home i had to guide him and his friend to a place nearby my house since they were going out for dinner.we exchanged numbers!!!and from then it just took off we met each other often and visited all coffee days,mocha,besant nagar beach and ofcourse regular house visits before getting married happily!!!!!!!those days and memories are definitely cherished and we still continue them!!!!!!!!!!!
    regards
    pavi

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Nice reading all your first dates !!!

I thought I must wish (Rajmiarun) on their Date anniversary (July 4th) !! Enjoy your day with lots of wishes from me (On behalf of Indus Ladies too !!) Harhar

You should be happy always, with great fun and joy throughout your life.

About my first date :

I was in New Delhi and he was in Cornell, when we both proposed through email (He is known to me,through my distant relative), then onwards, we were in touch,through exchange of emails/chat...

So after his return from Ithaca (after 2 years), we met on September 2nd in the Chennai Central Railway Station, the day I landed from New Delhi. From there, we went to his home and after meeting his Mom, we went to out to T.Nagar and do a lot of shopping. We had lunch in Heaven and Earth, near Spencer Plaza.

Nice, memorable day, indeed.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Thanks EQA,

Will try my luck... hahahaahahahaha...

Veda

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Re: Ha ha ha - this senior citizen is talking !

dear prathi,

this is really nice ...just reading all the fbs brings a warm glow to my face...

mine was really funny...after the formal girl seeing ceremony and all, we went to his place the next week and both sets of parents were at home and me and dh went out for a walk and a drink ,suppossedly for one hour......we just spoke about each others interests...and did not realise that it was more than three hours...he ended saying that he liked me (very matter of factly ok,nothing romantic about it) and what about me he asked...can u imagine i was toungue tied and just blushed....pooor guy did not even know if it was a yes or no from me....back home my mom asked what took u both so long....and my MIL with her excellent sense of humour replied......of course they were heatedly discussing whether capitalism or communisnm is good for the world...isnt it?.

Dear chithra mam,

i found your first date extremely cute...and your description even more cuter...u have a great sense of humour..i could even picture the scene...

MINDI

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Re: Ha ha ha - this senior citizen is talking !

Hi Prathi,

Nice Sweet memory ... Thanks for sharing ... :)

Mine is a arranged marraige, so everything was well arranged by my parents and In-laws, I didn't see my hubby before marriage except in his photo ... We had chat in emails and phone ... Finally, the day came to meet him after our chat ... I went to meet him in Chennai International Airport, along with my parents, MIL and SIL ... When he came out, I was so thrilled and he came directly to me, giving a bunch of flowers and said 'Hi, how are you ?' ... I was trembling and didnt find any words ... When we all got inside the car, he keep peeping me and kept asking all sort of questions (which he had already asked in chat and phones biggrin2:) ... But, we both didn't get much chance to be alone because of restrictions from both sides ... Next day, we all planned for dinner in a Restaurant and we ordered for food ... Immediately, my beloved would-be (hubby) told, 'okay, we both go for a walk until the food comes ' and I was in utter shock...My mom was so kind and told 'okay, Son, you didn't find chance to talk with her in-person and you have your own time now' ... but my MIL's face was:evil: ... who bothered not even her son Big Laugh... Finally, we had a talk lovingly, holding our both hands so close ... That was a romantic scene in my life ... I could never forget ...

Thanks for this thread Prathi and I am happy to share here ... :)

7. Shuba kutty

Shuba kutty New IL'ite

Hi Prathi, when I saw this story it kind of reminded me of the Tamil movie M. Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi:idea I think this is just sooo sweet! Actually this incident went through my mind like a movie itself...when you saw your father approaching you, I was like CLIMAX POINT:hide: hehe very nice to hear though..enjoyed it a lot:coffee

кєєρ ѕмιℓιηg~ѕнυвα кυтту

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow!! What a beautiful thread this is. I enjoyed reading all the sweet replies too :)

Thank you CV mam for mentioning this in your post else I would have missed it.

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Ice for reviving this post. What a beautiful narration! My eyes were tearing up. It is the same love and understanding I now see between my husband and my sons; a beautiful article to honor fathers on father’s day!
    I enjoyed the lively banter of the ladies on their respective dates; very interesting and humorous date by Chitvish ma’am and Mindian and others.

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh, Ice! Those were the days!!
    Both "first datewise" & "posted datewise"!! :biggrin2: